• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Boyz XP Kit

B
Dec 18, 2007
I am anxiously waiting for my Hillclimb XP to show up and have been researching power adds for the 800r. I have spoken with Josh at Turbo Boyz as well as Specialty Sleds. I like what both have to say but I need some real feedback from actial customers. If you have not physically see one work with your own eys or sat your *** on one I am not interested in your opinion. I want to know first if the performance is comparable to the boondocker cats I ride with and second tuneabilty and reliability. I know there are guys out there that have some saddle time on these and I want to know the no bull results.

C
Dec 16, 2007
turbo performance

i believe there name is turbo performance and i have personally sat on there sled and rode it all day long. the sled ran awesome. no tuning really just sit and go. will be buying there kit as well super clean great performance could not be happier and it dont hurt to call and get questions and get answers on anything. some great guys to work with. i think that they will build a garrett turbo as well but IMO i think that it will run right with any other turbo kit on the market. very impressed can't say enough about it just my 2 cents

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
rode with Bryce (turbo preformance) last winter up in the unitas, and rode his xp with the 66 aero kit and loved it. very clean set up, will answer questions.
and they just finished my xp cant wait for snow!!!!!!!!!!!

U
I have over 2500 miles on my '08 XP with Turbo Performance turbo kit. I have not rode with any turbo cats, poos or yamis but I can tell you that the kit flat out rips. Carbed turbos are really easy to tune....but can also be a real pain in the butt. Don't go into it with the idea that you will only ever have to put oil and gas in it or you will be extremely unhappy. I love my turbo XP but it does require a lot of up keep. If you enjoy tinkering like I do it's all part of the fun of owning a turbo sled, if you don't know the first thing about tuning or wrenching you will hate it.

If you follow Bryce's formula (jetting, clutching, boost, fuel, etc) it will run phenomenal. But be prepared to constatly check intake boots, bellows, fuel screws, clutching, fuel mix, boost lines and hoses pretty much after every ride. I do this and my sled rips.

Bryce is an awesome guy to work with and will be happy to help you out as much as he can.

Before installing the kit, make dang sure you don't have any wierd glitches (low compression, bogging, high miles etc.) or the turbo kit will find the weakness really fast and make your life hell. Make sure all your seals are good and pistons have low miles (otherwise put new pistons in) and you will be VERY happy!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Turbo Boyz

I bought a used kit from Specialty Sleds in Edmonton. I believe they use APP/Boost wurx kits? I really wasn't that impressed and they never really gave me the time of day after I bought it (53 series Aero). I spent alot of time on the phone with Bryce (Turbo Boyz). I bought a good used 66 from him and a bunch of misc. parts. He had no probs. hanging on the phone to answer my questions. My sled FLAT OUT RIPS now! When I'm ready to do my next sled, it will be a complete kit from Turbo Performance.

Premium Features