• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Property Tax Reduction !!!!

W
Nov 26, 2007
Shaver Lake, CA
www.westcoastsleds.com
Property Tax Reduction !!!! Need to read !!!

Well I herd it was possible and it is true. Proposition 8 overides Prop 13. What does this mean?? It means if you bought a house in California from 2004-2008 you can have it re-assesed. Lower Property Taxes!!!:D:D:D
Here! (Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I thought you all should save some $$$$)
http://www.fresnoassessor.org/

Beginning in 2007 we have seen a significant reduction in the value of real estate in Fresno County. This may result in a reduction of the assessed value to your property. If you purchased your property within the last 4 years, it is likely that the current fair market value of your property has dropped below the assessed value calculated under Proposition 13.

The assessed value under Proposition 13 is based on the market value of your property at the time it was acquired. So, if you purchased your property prior to 2004, even with the drop in real estate values, your assessment under Prop 13 is still likely to be less than the current fair market value, providing you with the benefit of the lowest assessment possible under the law.

For the 2008-09 Assessment Roll we reviewed and reduced the assessment on over 46,000 parcels affected by the market decline. This reduction will be reflected on the annual tax bills issued in October. If we found the fair market value of your property has declined below the Proposition 13 value, we have made this reduction in the assessment of your property, even if you have not made a request. In July, the Assessor mailed postcards to owners of these properties, notifying them of the reduced assessment.

Please note that, by law, this assessment reflects the valuation of the property as of January 1, 2008. We are aware the market has declined further since that date and any such change in value after that date will be reflected in the assessment made for January 1, 2009.

If you have evidence that the assessment is not an accurate valuation of your property as of January 1, 2008, you have the right to file an Assessment Appeal from July 2nd through November 30, 2008. Further information and forms are available from the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors, (559) 488-3529, or their Assessment Appeals web page. Should you choose to file an Assessment Appeal, our office will contact you prior to your scheduled appeal date to discuss your appeal and evidence of value.

We are being proactive so as to fulfill our mission of providing fair, accurate and timely assessments for the taxpayers of Fresno County.

Last edited:

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
After Hiking

I stopped by your shop Mon. afternoon to say HI but the sign said open and ever thing was locked up.

Sorry I missed you. Would like to have BSed a little about where I hike.

M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
www.TeamMortgageAndCredit.com
You can. However, check into when you were assessed last, first.

I know a guy his last assessment was 1999, very exclusive homes, not an area with alot of buying and selling or refinancing, and therefore, not alot of new stuff on the tax rolls, but major appreciation took place.

Got it reassessed not knowing or never actually looking, he's paying on a 2006 rate now, and is appealing it.

I would try to find out yourself, and do not call the assessors office so not to raise any eyebrows unless you have to.

Let sleeping dogs lie if you can.

HiMark Racing

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Lincoln
I thought this topic was commom knowledge.. What also has been happening is all the Fire Department's that get money from your taxes are taking a hit because of all the re-assessments..guess you call that counting your chickens before they hatch eh'

Premium Features