• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flathead Riding Season

S
Dec 1, 2007
Billings, mt
I have heard that the forrest service is looking at making the sled season in all of the flathead January 1 to March 31. This includes seeley swan is there any truth to this. I hope what i was told is not true.

So Sorry, true story stupid fed judge set the season to protect grizzly bears
after a law suit from a former forest ranger who is a greenie and hates motorized vehicles! When was the last time you saw a hibernating grizzly on a snowmobile trail????:mad:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
right now its still starts at dec 1 and ends now i guess at march 15. i personally will be riding till i cant find snow, as snow levels dictate what bears do, no the government, and that my friends is the "SCIENCE" our good judge molley talks about

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
This effects ALL Flathead National Forest lands. December 1st to March 15th is the legal riding days. I will be riding after March 15th for sure. This year my last ride was June 13th in amazing snow.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Also the Forest Service plans to return to court over this latest ruling. I talked with Rob Carlin, the Planning Staff Officer, and he assured me there would be a fight to overturn it. He said that the Forest Service hopes to have the ruling appealed before the beginning of the 2009 season.

I really hope they can pull through on this.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
glad to hear that rush, it is really cr@p, this year was amazing, it should totally be based on snow depth, not dates.

my last ride was june 20, kinda spotty, but still fun the get out and play, and i didnt see a single animal the WHOLE time, maybe the sled scared em away?

Premium Features