• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silvertip's Summer Trips

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
I though I mite post up some Pic. from my trips and hikes. I went to Ut. and Wy. for 8 days and got home last Fri. Had a great trip even with all the rain. It rained and hailed on me every day but two. Every thing is as nice and green (except for all the dead tree). My first stop was Lamoille Canyon and it rain hard on me right up till I started up the canyon and then stopped and the sun came out. I think the snow "Gods" like me. :eek:

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

This is at the end of the road. It was getting late and I didn't hike up to the top of the pass.
IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

When I was up there I could see a lot of great riding. And remembered a few of the Pic. that others have posted.

J
Dec 8, 2007
I remember when we first went there coming back from Fairview, ut. We didn't know where we were going and I was shocked at how awesome that canyon is...

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
John! I always wondered what that mountain looked like in summertime... I know what it looks like during winter....(from what I could see :rolleyes: )

IMGP0681.jpg

IMGP0233.jpg

Such a wretched place it is in Elko!!

J-Lowe, I know for sure a couple of em are from ELKO baby!

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Those are the Rubies up Lamoille canyon. Im kinda sad about moving away from them, I hope I can find atleast half of whats up lamoille! :eek:

Also, I think they look way better with snow. :face-icon-small-win:D:beer;

if you cant find that kind of riding in star valley then you must be sitting at home playing video games ;) alpine is one of my favorite places to ride!!!

T
Jan 10, 2008
John, great pics!!

King, you had to go and do it.....you had to go and post that pic again....get me Jons-en in the middle of August....whats wrong with you......;)

Yeeaa, seems I remember knowin what that mountain "looked" like when that pic was taken........them musta been some crazy fools that put them tracks up there..........:beer;:D

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
Day 2

On day 2 I meet up with phatty and he told me about some good place to go and check out. :D So I headed up Farmington Canyon headed for the high country.
Looking down Farmington Canyon
IMG_2533.jpg

Bountiful Pk
STB_2541.jpg

Francis Pk View
STB_2547.jpg

Francis Pk Close up
IMG_2551.jpg

Farmington Lakes going up to Bountiful Pk. Lots of AO climbing all over this area. I think in deep powder you would have a hard time getting here. ;)
STB_2557.jpg

STC_2558.jpg

Looking North at Bountiful Pk and Francis Pk in the background
STA_2560.jpg

Closeup
IMG_2565.jpg

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
More of Day 2

Its not very far to Farmington???? It's just VERY steep and only a few ways up. All of todays Pic were taken @ 8500 ft ++
Farmington
IMG_2566.jpg

The Great Salt Lake Over looking Bountiful
STF_2574.jpg

In 2004 I rode with Boxman and Jeffro out of Bountiful and we had a lot of Great riding
Bountiful
IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

Lots of good ride on and over the back side
IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
WOW!!!

Phatty I am hoping that offer to the east still stands after this weekend LOL! AMAZING Country~

Just wait till you see the area he told me about that I did on Day 4

STAND BY

If you put Sonana - Castle - Grouse and Gold Lake in one spot you still would not have what I hiked in and saw there by 4 times ;)

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net

STAND BY

If you put Sonana - Castle - Grouse and Gold Lake in one spot you still would not have what I hiked in and saw there by 4 times ;)

That will be a sight to behold, and I am counting on being in the same area at the same time my freind sharing space with the legend :face-icon-small-win

if you cant find that kind of riding in star valley then you must be sitting at home playing video games ;) alpine is one of my favorite places to ride!!!

I know, I know. I've heard Indian Creek is Sick, Strawberry, Sheep....wait I better not give out all the "secret" areas, hah. :rolleyes:
I've been riding around some places on my dirtbike that would be sick in the winter.

Oh, I don't even like video games. :face-icon-small-win

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT

STAND BY

You must be talking about somewhere off Hwy 150!!!! Or was that day three?

Premium Features