• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW pack to the market

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
http://www.snowpulse.ch/v5/product/the-life-bag/en/

Check it out, I really like this pack. After talking to people about it it sounds like a great product. After being used you can get your tank recharged at any dive (scuba) shop. So no down time sending it back or buying a new cartridge. The part I dont like about any of the packs is the price. I think it is rediculous for a potential life saving device to be so expensive.

Looks good, now answer your phone so we can order!:D
Should of been answered. Sorry about that, not sure what is going on as i am out of the office in Prince George at a trade show, but just sent a straight to the point reminder to my secretary that her number 1 job is to answer the phone, answer questions, provide advice, and generally kiss the customers ***. If you have any more issues getting a hold of the office/retail location please contact me directly at chuck@avalanchesafety.ca or on my cell at 250-344-1250.

J
Sep 7, 2008
Alberta
I was looking At the ABS & Snowpulse trying to deside what one looks better also. The ABS is cheaper the Escape line is closer to the snowpulse and it is $995 for a 15L.The snowpulse 15L is $1099. I just can't see myself trying to out run an avalanche with the snowpulse full of air. The ABS is hinged behind you so it shouldn't block my vision or catch much wind!

If possible i would look at both packs and remember the price of the refill. Having dealt with ABS for a few years and now Snowpulse i know that people do on occasion accidentally (or on purpose for fun) deploy their airbags. Cheap refills gives you the opportunity to practice, test, and play with your airbag. Here is a picture i took this morning of my buddy Aaron with a sled helmet on. No vision problems.
IMAG0125_(23.jpg

Last edited:
S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
If possible i would look at both packs and remember the price of the refill. Having dealt with ABS for a few years and now Snowpulse i know that people do on occasion accidentally (or on purpose for fun) deploy their airbags. Cheap refills gives you the opportunity to practice, test, and play with your airbag. Here is a picture i took this morning of my buddy Aaron with a sled helmet on. No vision problems.
IMAG0125_(23.jpg

Is that 2 seperate bags? I thought it was one horseshoe shaped bag according the the website.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
More pics???

Its probably a pain in the *** but can you post a few more pictures with that guy wearing the deployed airbag while sitting on the sled and holding the handle bars??? I am trying to make the decision between the snowpulse and the ABS myself and the pictures would help. There isn't any place here in Utah to see one, so I need to decided sight unseen.
The snowpulse does seem to offer more protection and a much better system with the compressed air, but being able to deploy it while still trying to ride things out might be a big advantage.
Is there anyway to change out the deploy loop on the snowpulse for a handle more like the ABS?? I am a little worried about it getting caught on something?
Thanks for the help.

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
it says the price on there is $1145 for the sno pulse verses 1345 for the abs look at the side by side comparison chart

If you look at the side-by-side comparison chart, you will see that the snowpulse is only being compared to one of the ABS Airbags. There are multiple ABS Airbag packs to fit your specific needs. There are a couple errors in the "comparison" that you should be aware of.

Retail price of ABS Airbags range start at $970 instead of $1345 as mentioned by the comparison.
The price of a refill is stated as $110 for ABS. Now that ABS now has a distribution channel in the US, you will be able to get your canister refilled for $60.
The weight of the freeride 10L airbag pack (without canister) is 4.74lbs.
The warranty on the ABS is 4 years.

The bottom line: The ABS airbag has a proven track record that has been around for 20 yearswith over 180 documented avalanches with an ABS airbag has been deployed.
I don't want to talk bad about snowpulse, simply because it doesn't have a track record of it's own yet. At the same time I want to state the facts according to ABS, not according to the incorrect "comparison" on the website.

PM me with any questions you may have about ABS, or even better, see the facts on ABS's own website: http://www.abs-airbag.com/home.php?chid=1&lang=us&m=18

In the comparison chart i tried to compare apples to apples, Snowpulse also makes other models. There is an explanation at the bottom of the page as to how the figures were reached, most of them came directly from ABS or the distributor's page. At this stage there is only a couple of sledders who have ever used the Snowpulse, and the response has been extremely positive, furthermore the dealers up here are stoked on the product. I know Snow Big Deal was extremely interested in the Snowpulse last year at Salt Lake. For this year there is a very limited distribution network in the US, in Canada the Snowpulse is widely available. I just encourage people to look at the options, which is why i explain in comparison chart where to find information on ABS, and if possible look at the Snowpulse before making an airbag purchase. I am sure in the coming months there will be loads of independent feedback.

Premium Features