• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Castle Peak

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
basically across I80 from Boreal ski resort, definatly need to go with peeps who ride there and know the area

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
Riding Castle

Don, I would be more than happy to show you around the Castle area next winter. Let me know when you can make it up this way. I can ride any day of the week. And I know the area a little bit. :face-icon-small-win

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don, I would be more than happy to show you around the Castle area next winter. Let me know when you can make it up this way. I can ride any day of the week. And I know the area a little bit. :face-icon-small-win

Wow ... thank you for the invite. Sure to bring a couple cold ones for you !!!

What can you say about the area? Looking at property, rentals, timeshares etc. This is the time of year I plan the trips.

Don

tahomaniac

Lifetime Membership
Aug 6, 2008
Lake Tahoe, CA
Castle

I went to C.P. twice late in the season after sled problems and it was still a playground. I would imagine its even more teets when theres more snow :beer;

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I looked at it with Google earth. Really nice.

From a Topo viewpoint Basin Peak, Warren Lake, Carpenter Ridge looked really nice.

Or does the term Castle Peak encapsulate the entire riding area?

I see a road going from Boreal Ridge Road splits and goes on West and East side of Andesite Peak just south of Castle Pass.

What is the name of the road?

Is there a ski resort on the south side of the I-80 ?

Last edited:
Premium Features