• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cooke vs togwotee

J

jkpolaris

Nov 27, 2007
i am looking for some info on cooke. i am thinking of trying this area how would you rate in to togwotee? and where are some of the best places to stay and the best time of year to go?
thanks guys

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
went to cooke this year for the first time. riding is amazing for me as i have never been abouve the tree line and got to ride a ton of wind terrain.

we stayed at the cooke city sinclair cabins, great place, reasonable price, and service is great.

we went the first week in january, i was still in highschool and my dad works for himself so we were able to go during a normal workweek, so nobody was their, rarely crossed pathes, had 3 days of sun and one day of fresh and cloudy.

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Glenwood,MN
Been to Cooke 5 times now, always awesome! Lots of places to stay, a Super 8, the Sinclair Cabins, lots of other hotels also. If you time it right, the snow is insane, pow up to your tits, if not, you get lots of traffic and hardpack. You can either drive through yellowstone and right into town, or go up the back way to the parking lot and ride 12 miles to town. I have done it both ways, both are good. But, both can be slippery with new snow. The terrain in Cooke is awesome too, lots of steep hills, lots of lakes and meadows also. All in all, an awesome place to ride, just make sure you dont hit a busy week or weekend or there will only be pow in the secret spots;). I have heard Togwotee is good to but never been there. Hope this helps....:beer;

R
Nov 26, 2007
Duluth, MN
I love cooke, never been to togwotee, and from what i hear not really missing anything if going to cooke instead. cooke is steep and very aggressive terrain, every time i have been there it has been a blast. New years is just a huge party. There are lots of nice places to stay, I like the antler's lodge, Bill and Kay (the owners) are great. their website is cookecityantlerslodge.com check it out. hope this helps.

J

jkpolaris

Nov 27, 2007
thanks guys i am coming from the south are all the roads open in january?
i looked it up on mapquest and it said some of the roads might be closed!
it says to go through south dakota i am coming up from the chicago area! thanks again

Premium Features