• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

took the dirt toys up AF

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
crazy traffic on the main dirt road/trail this sunday....the run off has everything green and pretty. You can get about 2 miles past the fork that begins the switchbacks......so is say the whole trail wont be good until freakin july

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
sorry chub, no pics..

did anyone ride AF last weekend?, i know it was hot a hell and has been for a few days, this weekend should be a good dirt ride, ill be there on a CR450X and buddies will be on a yami 450 and ktm 450....who else is down to ride?

anyone seen BossRev?..is he allowed to come out this summer?;)

Got Grounded?..lol:D

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
did you get a KTM? i have another bike if you wanna come...dont wus out on me like your older sister does every/all summer

No KTM. Lookin for something more reliable and affordable.(CRF maybe?)

I was thinkin I'd ride the trials bike and see if you could follow me up a couple of new trails that we found on the sleds late season. But if ya got a CRF for me to ride, I'd for sure take you up on that one.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com

I was thinkin I'd ride the trials bike and see if you could follow me up a couple of new trails that we found on the sleds late season. But if ya got a CRF for me to ride, I'd for sure take you up on that one.

Get my number from Matt and call me friday night, and the 06 450R is for sell as the 450X is the perfect bike for me, just wish it had a little more top end like the R, the local honda shop says 2K change change that, but it also takes away from what makes the X such a perfect bike for me.....oh well, cant have it all

Im thinking $4,600 for the 450R, two sets of plastics, complete spare paddle tire rim and other stuff i cant think of right now

IMO the honda and yami bikes are bullet proof

this is the 450R
450R2.jpg

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca

Where do you pick up trials bikes around here? I would love to try to get into that a little more, hoping rocks, boulders looks like A LOT of fun!

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Where do you pick up trials bikes around here? I would love to try to get into that a little more, hoping rocks, boulders looks like A LOT of fun!

Phatty,

I compete once a month at different locals all over the state, usually the last weekend of each month. I know of a few trials bikes that are for sale. How much do you want to spend?

A good bike will run in the $2500-4500 range. There are some bikes that are better for curtain things, so it depends what you want to do with the bike.

Let me know and I'll help steer you in the right direction on a good bike.

Tim

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Every trail at AF is free of snow...finally left the chest protector in the trailer this ride, what a bad idea....pulling all of third gear at the lower trail and did not see a big tit rock that launched on the rear tire, knew i had to bail as the bike was going straight for the brush pinned in third, for some reason my big dumb arse stayed on the bike and went tree bashing...felt my body fly in the air (you know the feeling when a big crash is coming, everything gets silent and you start thinking about weird stuff like am i going to walk away from this?...well, for what seemed to be 2 minutes of my failed superman trick i finally came back to earth, my eyes were closed and my body very limp (ive done this before)...BAM! my back lands on what appears to be a rock or something solid, back got stiff real quik, took a few minutes to stand up, brushed my shoulders off like "mr cool guy" and rode the rest of the day, a few cuts and black bruising on the back, no big deal

Trust me, my no skills arse will always ride with full gear

Mostly rode around the Cascade Springs side..

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Glad your OK! Ray!!!

I had a two wrecks on the Mtn bike on Sat. One at 20-25 mph and another at lower speed, that hurt worse than the high speed wreck. Had the same slowmo effect and opening the eyes to find I was alive and un-hurt. Thanks to wearing the right gear and having the skills to miss the big tree.

Hitten 35-37 mph on the single track on a Mtn bike after climbing 2000 vert. gets the blood goin!

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
St. Anthony's sand dunes are much funner than little Sahara's. It's worth the extra hour drive for us. We get up there 3 or 4 times a year usually.

Premium Features