• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Its that time again

F
Dec 1, 2007
NORTH BEND
Wondering if anyone is interested in participating in a Goldcreek and or Blewett clean-up. I think the best time might be around the end of June or after the 4th weekend. Anyone????? Thanks, George

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Framus has hosted a great cleanup effort over the past few years.... and while I'm sure you guys did a great job.... I'm sure more will pop up as snow retreats more. :)

Gotcha, he was talking trail clean-up, I was thinking parking lot clean-up... There I go assuming again.....

I think a lot of people are going North for the 4th, might be better to do it after that. Keep us informed, as I would be down for both.

F
Dec 1, 2007
NORTH BEND
weekend of the 12th (July)

Gotcha, he was talking trail clean-up, I was thinking parking lot clean-up... There I go assuming again.....

I think a lot of people are going North for the 4th, might be better to do it after that. Keep us informed, as I would be down for both.

I was thinking up and around the microwave...couple of years ago we picked up alot of snowmobile related garbage just surrounding the tower.Last year's clean-up was a little thin...had only two other people show, Soccerd6 and her husband. We ran into swarms of flies too, sucked big time. With the season we've had theres probably some work up there so I'll take a run up over the 4th and see if the way is clear and maybe do it the week after.OK?

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
With the season we've had theres probably some work up there so I'll take a run up over the 4th and see if the way is clear and maybe do it the week after.OK?

Sounds good! Keep me informed and I will be there.

F
Dec 1, 2007
NORTH BEND
sat 19th

heading up Sat. the 19th around 10am. I'll hang out at the bottom of the hill for a while for any to show. With such little interest I'm just going to put in a few hours and call it a day.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
heading up Sat. the 19th around 10am. I'll hang out at the bottom of the hill for a while for any to show. With such little interest I'm just going to put in a few hours and call it a day.

When the time gets closer, put it in the Washington forum. I will be there, and I am sure we can get some more too.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
is this still on for saterday?

Yah, any updates? I got at least one other so that makes a total of 4 so far.

Framus,

How did you want to do this? I was up at the tower last weekend and there wasn't much garbage around there, but there were several spots were there was so much from campers that it would require a loader.....

You bringing bags? Or should we provide our own? Is there going to be a dedicated vehicle to bring the garbage down like a pickup truck? I was thinking about bringing the bike up.

Please let me know some of the details.

Oh, and by bottom of the hill, you talking the turn around?

Thanks

Last edited:
F
Dec 1, 2007
NORTH BEND
Yah, any updates? I got at least one other so that makes a total of 4 so far.

Framus,

How did you want to do this? I was up at the tower last weekend and there wasn't much garbage around there, but there were several spots were there was so much from campers that it would require a loader.....

You bringing bags? Or should we provide our own? Is there going to be a dedicated vehicle to bring the garbage down like a pickup truck? I was thinking about bringing the bike up.

Please let me know some of the details.

Oh, and by bottom of the hill, you talking the turn around?

Thanks

I'll bring the dually up and I'll take care of the trash. I'll be at the base (past the turn around) of the hill off to the side...red chev.10am. I will provide the bags and I'll bring up some refreshments.
What we've done the past few trips is stop every once in a while on our way up the hill and pick up an area. Theres a few places at GC where people target shoot and others where trash seems to collect. If the tower area is clean theres a few roads we can follow or we can also go off to the back bowls. there is a road that goes down to one of those bowls. Any questions give me a call 425-466-3125, thanks guys.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I'll bring the dually up and I'll take care of the trash. I'll be at the base (past the turn around) of the hill off to the side...red chev.10am. I will provide the bags and I'll bring up some refreshments.
What we've done the past few trips is stop every once in a while on our way up the hill and pick up an area. Theres a few places at GC where people target shoot and others where trash seems to collect. If the tower area is clean theres a few roads we can follow or we can also go off to the back bowls. there is a road that goes down to one of those bowls. Any questions give me a call 425-466-3125, thanks guys.

Just to clarify, Hyak exit side?

F
Dec 1, 2007
NORTH BEND
Thanks!

A big thank you to all who showed. I believe we had 10 hearty souls who braved the atrocious heat and bugs....actually it was a very pleasant day. Once again the majority of the stuff we found is the target shooters that are leaving behind the spent shells and busted up clay targets pretty much everywhere but the very top. Thanks guys!!

Premium Features