• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revy Snow conditions as of June 1,2008

I

IQ685

Nov 28, 2007
Anyone riding in the area this past weekend that can report road access condition and distance to snowline to unload at?

Boulder and/or Keystone is where we are planning on riding at.

Heading out next Sunday.

Would appreciate any updates.

Thanks.

I

IQ685

Nov 28, 2007
Just got back to the Monashee Lodge off of Keystone today. Had half the day in sun and partly cloudy. Got chased out by rain before supper time.

4 - 6 inches of new snow up on Keystone and unloaded at kilometer 14. Within 1 mile of the last cutblock and tree area before the alpine for those that don't know the area. No rocks / road rash to ride.

Good snow and I would say that there will be access to the end of the month.

Shovel out area was not looking good and we did not attempt to cross it. More work that we wanted today. Lots of other area to ride anyways.

Road in was good, but a few areas were tricky and would be abit tough with a long wheel base crew cab. We had a short box extended so cleared the washout areas.

Will be on Boulder tomorrow afternoon and will post details.

06 Dragon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Central Alberta
Revy conditions

Great job.Keep up with the posting, Have not heard any news on Revy conditions in a while. If the snow is still holding maybe some of us will head up that way fathers day weekend. Have not prepped sleds for storage yet and never rode any later than the end of may.
Thanks.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Conditions were decent for a June 8th ride. Unloaded @ the upper log block on boulder.....just below the cabin. Probably 5 feet at the cabin and a tad more in the Alpine. Some recent fresh with heavy snowfall at times during the day. I expect the access would be good for another couple weeks but would involve some mud riding. I have rode there on July 1 in the past and this year seems the same. I think keystone should be accessible for a while longer as well.......but Turtle is a no go due to snow bridges that have melted.
Safe sleddin.
RS

IMG_0803.jpg IMG_0802.jpg IMG_0804.jpg

I

IQ685

Nov 28, 2007
I saw in the book there were some people into Boulder on the 8th. I thought I saw an Idaho address.

From the parking lot booth, we went 10 km up the trail and went up the Viedeman route. Road is in good shape.

Had 1 spot where we had to shovel abit at about the 9 km mark to be sure truck didn't slide off the road. Came across a guy that had got stuck up there the night before in that particular snow spot and slept in his car over night. He was glad to see us this morning. Pulled him out. Drove right to the end and unloaded. It's about 2-3 miles to the cabin and abit of creek / rocks / sticks to ride over for 1/3rd of it.

I am thinking that there will be next to no snow access on this route within the next week if the rain keep's up out there like it was this AM.

Not sure about Bezanson/Kirkup access route.

Was snowing up top and hard to see. About 4 inches new. Just went as far as Sugar Bowl and played down in the meadows.

I was abit surprised at the snow level versus Keystone. Boulder was not near as good.

I would say if you are making the effort to head out, Keystone wins for snow conditions and access. Just the road is abit challenging in a few spots, but not dangerous.

P.S> For all those through the season that were packing stuff (Food wrappers / cans of assorted beverages,etc) into the riding areas and leaving it behind in the alpine and the roadside after riding, it's still there.

GO PICK IT UP!! IT'S EASIER TO SEE AND GET TO NOW!!

It's ridiculous the amount of crap left up there! Some of you should go do some 4-H highway clean up for a few years. You might understand better.

Just my $.02.

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER ALL!

I

IQ685

Nov 28, 2007
I would say it is worth it.

Definently go to Keystone. Better snow than Boulder. Boulder is worth a day as an option 2.

Not sure if Frisby would be accessible.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Langley BC
(P.S> For all those through the season that were packing stuff (Food wrappers / cans of assorted beverages,etc) into the riding areas and leaving it behind in the alpine and the roadside after riding, it's still there.)

Saw the same thing at Coquihalla and Brandywine this spring. Picked up what I could, but it makes me mad when I think about spending my riding time picking up after morons that are going to be pissed when our riding areas are closed.

K.

Premium Features