• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Halfway this weekend

P

palidan

Dec 3, 2007
wich day sat sun or bouth? I would like to get thear at least one morre time this season.

B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
Still good in Halfway

Rode last Friday/Saturday and was still able to park at the snowpark. The road up was snowpacked all the way but getting thin near the bottom.

Had 3 inches snow at my house Wed morning and temps have been below freezing at night all week except for 1 night. I would guess 10 new on top.

It should be a good weekend if it stays sunny.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
Hey thanks Al for the info, heard the same same from a buddy of mine. Just wished that we were there last weekend but bf told neighbor that he'll help remove a tree.

palidan, we'll be riding both days.

B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
Maybe - BUT -

Hey Al planning on riding the 17th, east side up like norm this time of year , as long as the weathr holds good that is

Hey Dana

If it's good that week end I may ride but not up the east side - there will be to much pavement to cover. There are lots better and faster ways/places to get on top of the mountain than over there and it won't cost me $70 for new carbides.

Last Friday (5/2) I could only get past the rest stop about 3 miles then too much snow but I could see some bare :( places up the road and around the corner I just thought I'd let ya know.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
I was there last weekend an rode out of the sno-park and rode in some bare spots till we got to the road that takes you into East Pine/Trinity.
There's still lots of snow on top, rocks are showing in some places. Found no fresh snow, but it was still great spring riding.

Al ok well noted , sounds like still too early to go east side, so will go up sno park ,and see how far we can get from there, I guess dirt would be better on carbide, than pavement, ? Let me know when time comes if you are still interested. Will keep an eye out on the weather

I rode with adam last sunday the 4th. we unloaded on the cornicopia road about 4 miles out of town. we rode through a couple of dry spots, but what can you expect? its spring. we went up to table top and had a few inches of fresh. it was bluebird all day. We will be back up mothers day, if anyone wants to ride just let me know.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
I rode with adam last sunday the 4th. we unloaded on the cornicopia road about 4 miles out of town. we rode through a couple of dry spots, but what can you expect? its spring. we went up to table top and had a few inches of fresh. it was bluebird all day. We will be back up mothers day, if anyone wants to ride just let me know.

Really? we were on table top and Holl's bowl and then on the backside playing around and never heard a sled around other than ours on Sunday. Was Adam wearing his pink top?

B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
Still good here

Rode last friday (5/9) I could only get about ¼ mile past the snow park a few dirt places until you get to East Pine creek then solid on up.

It was a total blue bird day.

Really? we were on table top and Holl's bowl and then on the backside playing around and never heard a sled around other than ours on Sunday. Was Adam wearing his pink top?

We were up there all day. and we tracked everything up. there were a few tracks up there but we never saw the makers of them all day. as for Adams tube top... well he didnt have it on, but i when over to his house the other day and he was running around wearing it and a little skirt with his little duster in hand... ha ha ha he will never live down the ladies ride weekend... i wonder what will happen to him next year?

Halfway still awesome riding, was still 9ft at Fish lake marker, nice slushy snow about 75 degrees on top, was hot out, good sunburn weather , one thing about riding this time of year it is fast riding. cover a lot of country in no time. Just enough water here and there to have a good rooster flyin

Premium Features