• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 turbo

M
Dec 12, 2007
northeastern alberta
Which is the best? Who is the best installer? Can you turbo and still run pump gas (91)? Which system has the littlest lag?

I tried the boondocker turbo last week in Rvelstoke. What a riot, Blew over turbo hill and super bowl with over (from the seat of my pants ) 50 to 60 mph in foot n half fresh. Sled does not slow down, had to let off going up the steep part of superbowl just to keep the speed to a sane level.

Adrenaline goin up FEAR comin down.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Where are you exactly in NE Alberta? The best installer I could refer that has experience is Specialty Sleds in Edmonton. They built up a pretty sweet M1000 Turbo and worked out all the bugs that they had with the Boondocker Turbo setup. Pure Logic has a pump gas setup that runs around 3-4 psi. It's more iffy doing the pump gas turbo on the M1000 without the knock sensore the M8 has. I can't make up my mind wether to do the turbo on my M1000, or get a new '09 leftover M8 162" and turbo that instead. Sure would like to test both out before hand!

M
Dec 12, 2007
northeastern alberta
Im in the Lac la Biche area. Specialty sleds, hmmm, you wont catch me in that place. too expensive. My buddy got his done at the dealer Lac la Biche sporting goods. Nice install, sled works great but he is running 114 octane. I want to see more about the pump gas set up. I have one sled already on 114 and its a pain. Id be happy with 3 to 4 psi boost until i get bored of that.

Im gonna talk to ken at mountain magic, My experiences with him in the past have been awesome. He built a M8 turbo for another buddy of mine and i was impressed with the work and the reliability of the sled.

B
Nov 29, 2007
Sherwood Park, AB
Mountain Magic is great to deal with, but I think you may be hard pressed to have them build a turbo set up that will run on pump gas. I have already approached them about that and it seemed to be a fine line!!

If it turns out for you please post on it

Thanks

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Here's a thread on the go right now in another area...
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74839
Pretty much any dealer can install it for you since it's BD setup. I think it will explain any info you may have. Specialty is pricey, I agree and don't buy from them for that reason as well. I think I might just do a BD install, just can't decide to do it on my M1000 or an M8. Where's Mountain Magic again? Not in Sundre are they?

I also have my Polaris on Race due to the twins and porting, won't build another sled again because of the hassle involved to mix the gas and bring it everywhere on big trips. I'm a pump gas only guy now, there's some remote mountain lodges that supply fuel I wish to go to and unless you have a pull behind sleigh/toboggan you won't be running a race gas sled back in there.

M
Dec 12, 2007
northeastern alberta
mountain magic is on north side of edmonton.. Aerocharger kit is suppose to be comin out with a T-66 turbo soon if not already. Guys have tried twin t-44 and that has worked i guess. Im still researching. looked at the aerocharger install on m8, quite simple, i think i would install myself.

J

JPM

Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
Arctic Edge also

Brent Linderman at Arctic Edge motorsports in the crowsnest pass did 11 or so this year and has a very good handle on them.

S

Sparx

Dec 23, 2007
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Is that in Blairmore? Were they pump gas kits? I'm down in the pass quite often, I don't remember driving by that store? I think they are closed down if it's the one I'm thinking not far from the IGA store?

F
Apr 25, 2008
Arctic Edge Motorsports

Brent Linderman has his shop in Hillcrest, just outside Blairmor. He does excellent work. Very good at what he does. Hope this hlps.:beer;

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
We have developed a head that will allow for 91 octane running at 7-8PSI for the M1000 and the M8. The testing on this configuration is still on going but it has been successful...

More details to come later.

Kelsey

type_a_positive

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Mongo Norway
We have developed a head that will allow for 91 octane running at 7-8PSI for the M1000 and the M8. The testing on this configuration is still on going but it has been successful...

More details to come later.

Kelsey

Can I get away with just new inserts, or is the whole head a new design? I have the Rk-Tek 13:1 on my 1000, 0-3000 ft, works great!

Premium Features