• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone headed up the hill saturday???

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
have been busy getting things done for the new house this summer, didn't get anything setup for this weekend. so.... is anyone going up near diamond on sat. the rmk guys went up yesterday and said there is about a foot and a half of pow up there. nothing like tearing up some good end of april pow. ron

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
Was starting to wonder when you were going to ask about this weekend:D.
Think we are going to hit Brown Mtn. tomorrow and stay a little closer to home. Not very often do we get good powder this late in the game:)

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
yeah oregon700rmk and some guys rode up by windigo thurs and said they had about 1 1/2 feet of pow. unreal for end of april, gonna ride up that way somewhere tommorow. should be some good riding!!!

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Thursday:

http://media.putfile.com/Dan-1st-One-Out

IMG_3943Large.jpg

IMG_3942Large.jpg

IMG_3941Large.jpg

Last edited:
M7 Center Punched

Sandman, Where were you today?? I got the hill I've been looking at for years above Robert's MT........But "what goes up must come down" Couldnt get over the top because of a rock band that had melted out.....Had to turn out and come down, no braking in the spring snow (6" over mirror slush), hit the eject button at about mach 1 and getting steeper.........Aimed it at the biggest, close snag I could see and bailed off. It hit so hard it knocked the top out of the snag!!!! Took about an hour to get it down where we knew we could ride it out.... Hood, airbox, bumper totaled: not too bad considering.
Snow: Hero Snow. Powder dont last this mtime of year.
If you're around stop by: I need advice on reapirs

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
omg you wrecked the little womans sled???

hey dan and jason, cool vids! saw your tracks, topped the monster right where you guys did. man been waiting to ride that climb over the top for years, yesterday was the perfect day! you guys really shouldn't be up in that area without me!!! sorry you had trouble right away, but was nice you didn't tear up my mountain too bad:)
RAMBOB, what in the hay???? you finally pull out the M7 and i'm not there:confused: man we had a heck of a ride, i'm sure the hill your talking about is the monster, did you start all the way from the left side and head up to the middle where the rocks are. saw your tracks right below the rocks, one heck of a high mark!!! we hit the monster first, boondocked over to roberts MT. took me and chris's old short cut down to birds point. boondocked up to the west side of the goat road, boondocked up to the picnic table, boondocked around and down to the bottom of the gravel pit climb, man i almost tried to get over the top but the last 200 feet are scary:eek: went back up and CLIMBED OVER THE TOP OF THE GOAT ROAD!!!!!! king kat even topped it with the M7, he did have to sidehill the last 100 feet but next time you go across take a look. first tracks i've ever seen over the top, wrote 2 ron's in the snow so everyone would know who was there:) boondocked almost the whole way over to the east side of kelsay loop and went up to calamut lake! started to ride up to sawtooth but gas supply was getting low, are saving that one for next time. gonna try and top the ridge and head over to tipanongas, its only about 3 miles from calamut lake as the M8 flies!!! headed back to birds point via the zip road, thats when we hit your tracks, was wondering who in the heck was up in the SPECIAL areas, king kat said it had to be someone i know and i guess it was:) we stopped at the monster on the way back and saw what i'm sure was your mark, funny we were laughing about how it looked like someone had pegged a tree on way down:eek: sorry it had to be you. heres a couple of pics of the MONSTER, i'll post one from the top so you'll know what the view looks like:p see if you can pick out your line. will give you a call sometime today, am heading down to look at homes in grants pass. how about a pic of the carnage???? we road from birds point, left the truck just before 10am and got back just after 8pm, my kind of ride...

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
pics finally

had to beat the crap out of my computer but heres one of the precious form the top of the monster and one from the bottom, what i think is rambobs line is from the right to the center top just below the rocks and then DOWN:confused::(:mad: and one of king kat ron topping it!!! don't worry robert someday you may get to check out the view in person:p

Last edited:
Premium Features