• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

jump explorer jump!

S
Nov 27, 2007
Mike,

You ought to keep these updates on the same thread so we can keep up with the Explorer's progress. If this thread doesn't get any posts, it will be lost in the shuffle and I value the links you are providing. Often, there isn't time to search for and filter through the various threads for "the" post with "the" link one is after, then the message and opportunity to share is lost or diluted... Don't ask Tony what I mean by this :)

edit for spelling

Dec 4, 2007
pa
funny

Hate to say but AD's solution seems a little less built than the 2-moto. I wonder how they compare.

funny,,,,,cause when i first seen one in person, i thought it was "over built"
this is not adb's 1st walk in the park, they have awesome designs for years, many proven products. so if you could let me know where you getting that from i would love to help you out.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
My opinion is merely a first glance impressions.... I guess this opinion was formed seeing how the track is driven.. Now looking further I see they use the existing swing arm and tie and unsuspended track to it. 2moto deletes the swing arm and bolts on a total unit.. To me it looks a lot more expensive to do it the way 2moto did it. How they work is a whole different story...

I would love to try them side by side, I have almost 20 friends that would not have a problem dropping some cash to ride all winter..Problem is trail access.

Hey what was the guy pointing at in the video, it looks like a channel cut into the side plates of the track.. Passive suspension perhaps? Not suer I dont know French.

X
Sep 15, 2008
i tried to understand the french, i can understand a bit. but i was lost when they were looking at the wave cut.

the biggest difference i see is that the 2moto has a seperate shock in the front, equalling two shocks in the rear. one for the front one for the back. the explorer only utilizes the bikes one shock.

how are the explorers selling? any factory numbers? how many were produced?

tcsbike, i think i spoke to you on thumpertalk. you bought ur snowhawk at the village bike shop in derby right? that's right where i live, ur snowhawk (before it was yours) was the first one i had ever seen

Last edited:
T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
i tried to understand the french, i can understand a bit. but i was lost when they were looking at the wave cut.

the biggest difference i see is that the 2moto has a seperate shock in the front, equalling two shocks in the rear. one for the front one for the back. the explorer only utilizes the bikes one shock.

how are the explorers selling? any factory numbers? how many were produced?

tcsbike, i think i spoke to you on thumpertalk. you bought ur snowhawk at the village bike shop in derby right? that's right where i live, ur snowhawk (before it was yours) was the first one i had ever seen

I still have it currently breaking it down and adding a quiet pipe. Get one!

P

powderrushsh

Jan 24, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
My 2 cents

I have ridden both Explorer and 2moto back to back.

No welds on the Explorer to break.

Both units work as they are intended.

The Explorer is considerably cheaper as well as having a adjustable track and ski.

Also you can purchase a kit to adapt it to any other bike, you purchase or own. This price is not listed yet, but look for it to be $250 or less.

Purchase a new rear brake disc. and you can switch from wheels, to ski and track in less then 20 min.

I became a distibutor for the Explorer after testing both units side by side for a month last spring

I will not give out opinions in the forums on either unit, but am only stating facts.

My best advice is to find a demo near you.

P

powderrushsh

Jan 24, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
You will have to ask the 2 moto guys that question.

The one I tested had no cracks in it.

I am only saying that welds can break. Saying that, bolts can break as well.

This is why I do not like to post on forums. I only like facts, not rumours or thoughts.

X
Sep 15, 2008
well what are your opinions and thoughts? were they on the same model and cc of bike? did they both get the same amount of traction? accelerate equally? i guess u don't want to start a controversy, but you're the first person ive found that has tried both. and back to back no less.

id like to get a snow hawk, or maybe even a conversion kit. but my dirt bike (yz250) was just stolen 2 days ago :(:confused::mad: so..... that hawk and stuff will probably be post poned because that's more of a priority right now.... but im still hungry for info

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
My opinion is merely a first glance impressions.... I guess this opinion was formed seeing how the track is driven.. Now looking further I see they use the existing swing arm and tie and unsuspended track to it. 2moto deletes the swing arm and bolts on a total unit.. To me it looks a lot more expensive to do it the way 2moto did it. How they work is a whole different story...

I would love to try them side by side, I have almost 20 friends that would not have a problem dropping some cash to ride all winter..Problem is trail access.

Hey what was the guy pointing at in the video, it looks like a channel cut into the side plates of the track.. Passive suspension perhaps? Not suer I dont know French.

Hi guys, I use to live in Qc... What the narrator says while the guys is pointing the side of the track channel is : "This 4 season offroad system can be used in mud sand or snow. We even added adjusting pins to adapt the explorer depending on the depth of the snow". So, basically, the deeper the snow, the more backward in the channel you will put the track for better flow-tation !

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Yes, lets just talk the facts

You will have to ask the 2 moto guys that question.

The one I tested had no cracks in it.

I am only saying that welds can break. Saying that, bolts can break as well.

This is why I do not like to post on forums. I only like facts, not rumours or thoughts.

I have not seen any cracks or issues with my 2moto kit. Its a very well designed unit... Your right about forum rumors.. This one needs to be nipped in the butt. I have not heard of a single quality issue with 2moto.
Time will tell what kit works better and is worth the $$$$
Im just happy to see more kits and guys hopefully out riding there 1ski machines no matter who built it.

T
Oct 15, 2008
I now have one of the explorer kits, just need some snow now...

Only complaint on the explorer is that with the way the chain is routed, there is an offset between the sprockets on the kit and the sprocket on the bike. For my WR400, it's about 7mm. :( Other than that it seems to be well built. I'll find out in a couple months just how well it works.

S
Nov 27, 2007
I now have one of the explorer kits, just need some snow now...

Only complaint on the explorer is that with the way the chain is routed, there is an offset between the sprockets on the kit and the sprocket on the bike. For my WR400, it's about 7mm. :( Other than that it seems to be well built. I'll find out in a couple months just how well it works.

What is with the offset??? Are there spacers or washers that are on the "wrong" side of the assembly? The chain should align perfectly or there will be significant torque on the drivetrain and much unnecessary wear. Have you talked to your dealer about the misalignment of your installed kit? No broken toys, please.

All the "sthenthitivity" in this thread about opinions and facts relating to competing designs is admirable, but I come to these forums to observe all the unfounded badmouthing and relentless gossip expressed by folks with NO first hand experience, all in the name of "opinion".

This "hawk" forum should give up its exclusive billing and become the "oneski" forum. Then one skiers of every stripe can gather under the same tree and gossip properly(dragon'z vs rev'z vs M/F8'z). This being sensitive and politically correct with the off-brand is a joke. We are all oneskiers with extensive experience and the knowledge to back up opinions. "I'll reserve my opinion" so there are no hurt butts (feelings) is like youth soccer where everybody gets to be a winner when there is a 0-0 tie game... gag upon the feelgooders!! Of course i mean no offense ;)

I know there are shortcomings to every design in application. No one design is, overall, better than an other. To say the explorer sucks because it doesn't have an Ohlins is like saying the 2moto sucks because it eliminates the airbox. Both totally pointless issues. Why can't we freely analyze and critique the products?? Help me out here!! Or am I just being a troll:rolleyes:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
This "hawk" forum should give up its exclusive billing and become the "oneski" forum. Then one skiers of every stripe can gather under the same tree and gossip properly(dragon'z vs rev'z vs M/F8'z). This being sensitive and politically correct with the off-brand is a joke. We are all oneskiers with extensive experience and the knowledge to back up opinions. "I'll reserve my opinion" so there are no hurt butts (feelings) is like youth soccer where everybody gets to be a winner when there is a 0-0 tie game... gag upon the feelgooders!! Of course i mean no offense ;) [/QUOTE said:
Well said , I couldnt agree more.. We are drawn to these 1ski machines due to our taste for not fallowing the crowd. And most likely a sense of adventure and a love for things on 2 wheels..at least thats my feelings.. Man I cant wait for some good snow!!!

Premium Features