• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

got himarked at arctic man, skidoo question

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
so this M7 highmarked me and we cant have that so im lookin for suggestions on the best clutchin setup to get for an 05 summit 800. its not holding rpms. the sleds got 2200miles on it and im sure the secondary is hurting for a new setup. anybody recommend a certain setup or does amds have a good setup like cat does for the M7?

has a 151, ride sea level too 5000ft. shanks fellas

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
get a hold of dynamoe joe on here are dootalk buy his setup and it will take care of your problems. I think his website is www.mxzx-revzone.com.

R

RATED-X

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2007
Wasilla
Have you ever cleaned your clutches?....Actully taken them apart and cleaned them, Doos are notorious for dirty clutches. DJ has an excellent kit, as already posted.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
no i havent, im sure theyre dirt and springs could be worn out and such, but i figured that if theyre gonna come apart, may as well hook it up with something that runs better. im done for the season so its time to start planning. any ideas on simple things that make em run better? or where to take weight off?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Am I the only guy whos first knee-jerk reaction to this was to mention the fact that you're on a ski-doo might be part of the problem? Haha! Just kidding. On a serious note, I'd say definitely do the DJ clutch kit, a lot of my buddies on revs and xp's are using his setups and they all seem to like them. But first I would just take the clutches apart, replace springs, bushings, etc. and see how it runs then. And why are you done for the season? There's still plenty of snow in plenty of places to ride!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
If you want to remove weight

remove swaybar.
install float shocks.
install can.
better skis that are lighter
boss seat
timbersled rear suspension with two rear idlers
timbersled front end
port track
lexan panels and hood
digital guage and remove guage pod and headlight when not needed
remove oil injection.
pods and remove air boxs

but for going on a budget.

remove sway bar
port track
install can and remove heatshield on the pipe and have it ceramiccoated.
install two wheel axle and remove as many idlers that you dont need.
loose the rack if you havent already.
ditch the windsheild.

dont waste your time on any motor work, not a hole lot to be gained and the stock pipe is the best. Just make shure your carb boots are good and you have good compression 04 and 05 are know for bad carb boots and flakey rings.

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
iv gone thru 3 carb boots lol, iv got the floats and iv got the can and the sway bar, also have lexan panels for it (which i love) but what about a different intake, say the timbersled? any idea how well that works? or is it just a hot air sucker and tuners nightmare like they are on my cat? and the motor runs strong so i didnt plan on doing anything to the motor unless someone had a setup that really worked and was reliable.
the timbersled skid sounds cool, then that would leave me with a skid for our SRX project..

and yes i got the skidoo thing ALLLLL weekend from the poos and cats i rode with haha, but this summer ill fer sure be going through it all, and have it ready for that M7 next season. and my plan was to make it the last trip, whether it is or isnt haha ill play that by year* or ear*

M
Jan 1, 2008
Carb Boots

I've got a set of Boyesen RAD valves for sale. These are ready to bolt on with gaskets, boots and clamps. I parted out my 05 Summit after toasting a second piston and they won't work of the new XP. You'll never have to worry about the goofy rubber boots again. $300.

Sold my primary and secondary last friday which had Dynamo Joe's kit in them. I highly recommend his kit. Grab the gas and in two seconds you are at 8300 rpm and flying, climbing and high marking everyone else.

Mark

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Start by putting all the clickers on #2 and pull your pin weight out(the set screws in the rollers in the TRA arms) until you get the RPM's you want. If it's peaking now and dropping off under a climb go to a primary spring with a higher finishing rate. I know DJ loves light springs but my 800 did the best with a 200/340 I think(green mod spring). I tried all kinds of springs in my Rev and the stiffest one was the best hands down.

M
Jan 1, 2008
160/350 spring is what I was using with DJ's kit. 23 gms in the pins and his SMT helix. Grab the gas and hold on real tight.

Premium Features