• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Im considering selling my 2007 Yamaha Phazer Mtn Lite MCX Turbo

C

Catmando

Dec 1, 2007
Im really thinking about selling my 2007 Yamaha Phazer Mtn Lite MCX Turbo which pumps this sled hp from 80hp to 145/150hp on pump gas,it makes this sled come alive,the sled has all the bells and whistles like electric start push button reverse,etc it has a 144x2 inch track.It has somewhere around 800kms on it and is in excellent condition.Im asking $10,500 ono plus shipping and here are a few pics.Hate to sell it but I never keep my sleds for long and i want to build something else so this has to go and i have to say it is one of the most fun sleds i have ever ridden maybe a turbo nytro will be next.For anyone who is serious and would like more info pm or call me at 528-4758 or 683-2108
snowmobilingFeb132008067crop.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008066croped.jpg

DowninStAnthonyforsomewinterfun056.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008065.jpg

DowninStAnthonyforsomewinterfun058.jpg

Here are some under seat pics of the turbo and what not.
turbophazerpics131.jpg

turbophazerpics132.jpg

turbophazerpics143.jpg

P.S Sled is in Newfoundland, Canada
Thanks Roger

D
Nov 30, 2007
I have been looking at these lately, but wont be buying anything till fall. I rode a stock Phazer a while ago, what a blast (needs more power though) Now with a turbo on it, I bet it is a whoot. But what are they like for boondocking with the turbo. I mostly boondock and play on some hills, not really a mountain climber. How do these compare to other stock sleds in general? Just looking for info. thanks.

C

Catmando

Dec 1, 2007
I have been looking at these lately, but wont be buying anything till fall. I rode a stock Phazer a while ago, what a blast (needs more power though) Now with a turbo on it, I bet it is a whoot. But what are they like for boondocking with the turbo. I mostly boondock and play on some hills, not really a mountain climber. How do these compare to other stock sleds in general? Just looking for info. thanks.

Lets see if can give somemore info and my thoughts on different riding for ya.As you all know this sled is a 2007 Yamaha Mtn lite Phazer that has a MCXpress turboed Charger installed on it and its set to run 12 lbs boost for 150hp on 92 octane surpreme or premium pump fuel {I sometime add a little octane booster or race fuel on fill ups just to be safe ,even though the knock sensor should kick in & detune the sled if detnation due to bad fuel or something else occurs} which is 70hp more than Yamaha's clamied 80hp on stock phazers.MCXpress also clamies 180hp at 18lbs of boost by adjusting the waste gate rod shorter,but you must use race fuel like c12 & c14 or a equivalent grade fuel.Here is a link to VP race fuel web site. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/index2.html
Now you asked is this sled a boondocker and a everday ride?Yes it is and in my honest opinion it is as good or better than most sleds,it is great in the deep stuff and loves to be picking around the trees and hills(boondocking)and it can climb as far as your balls lets you.Its a joy to ride on the trail,handles great with a very plush ride,the throttle is very responsive from a slow iddle to WOT and no turbo lag and it can ditch bang with the best but it could use a little stiffer suspension if you plan on going big all the time.It does not require any tunning to ride that i know of,its a turn key and ride sled other than regular maintenance like any other sled would have.I have only had the overheat light come on twice,the first time was last year in St.Anthony Newfoundland in early May month on the groomed trail,but i just slid to the side of the trail where some powder was and it went away right away,the other time was this year coming out a woods road that again was hard packed and again off to the side i went and within a few seconds the light went off.
Again for boondocking or going slow it was perfect, without any issues,I will give you a example, a few weeks back me,the wife and 2 kids went for a family ride,It was around 0 degrees out. So I put the 2year old girl in front of me and the wife in the rear and I was sandwiched in the middle lol,surprisingly it was comfortable and no one complained except the wife when i gave the sled a little nipe and she almost came off the back lol a couple off digs in the ribs and i never done that anymore.Now the little guy was on his 2000 Arctic Cat Z120 which got a wopping speed of 15/18 kms,so off we went,I went first to lead the way and let me say you dont really know how fast you trail ride till you try to go slow enough for him to keep up but we did it.In total we done around 30 kms on a woods road that was packed pretty good but it had some loose stuff on the sides which i went for every now and then as i would on any other ride.The sled done this ride with no issues what so ever the temp light never came on at all and it never missed a beat,it had the same seat of your pants throttle response the full ride which i thought was very impressive as I now from experince with a efi 2 stroke and a newer model,05 i think at that,while doing pretty much the same thing with the little guy last year around a snow covered small pond ,It fouled up one plug and was spurting untill we went up and down a pond all out to clear it up and we even had to lift the hood and change the plugs once.
Well that was long winded to say the least, and i could have just said the sled comes with turbo and all accessorise shown and is a good ride in pretty much all conditions much like a hybrid or crossover type sled.Now I hope this answered most anyones Questions but if not let me know and I will try and keep it shorter this time
Now let me just end by saying this sled is a wicked ride and I dont even know why I am selling it and I will most likely regret it when its gone but as i already said I never keep my sleds for very long and this is actually the longest ride I have had in awhile.
Thanks Roger

Premium Features