• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Info. on Turbo'd Phazers in AK

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I'm thinking about going 4-strokin' due to the impression that my buddies turbo'd Nytro has had on me, but I'd like something lighter. I was interested to see if anyone has turbo'd a Phazer up here and if so does it rock!? I'm on a M1000 now, and like as much power as possible but the sled still has to be nimble... any thoughts

T
Nov 21, 2007
Wasilla Alaska
I'm thinking about going 4-strokin' due to the impression that my buddies turbo'd Nytro has had on me, but I'd like something lighter. I was interested to see if anyone has turbo'd a Phazer up here and if so does it rock!? I'm on a M1000 now, and like as much power as possible but the sled still has to be nimble... any thoughts

Turbo Phazers have a lot of lag from what I hear , you only end up with about 150 h.p. after they are turbo'd . The turbo nytro is a waaaaaay better idea !(230-280 h.p) instant throttle response ,and a sled that handles awesome .

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I have a turbo phazer and I just got back to alaska, when the sled runs its great but Ive had a few problems and cant seem to figure them out just yet. It has way more power than any mod 800 Ive ran and probably most 1000 also. Mine is a mcxpress kit You have to modify the mc exhaust and intake to get better performance and it will eliminates most of the lag. 16lbs of boost with avgas are race fuel is the hot setup. Also the phazer comes with a crappy front suspension (Shocks) and rear suspension and track, that will all need replaced are modified to make them better, and also there not as light as you think they are. Maybe AKSTEEPNDEEP will chime in he also owns one.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
I've seen one and it was't impresive @ all. Getting out marked by a stock 700 is weak.
A 80hp running @ 2 atmosphers is about 155 hp where as a 140 hp sled @ 2 atmosphers is closer to 270.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
well it must of been a poorly setup sled becasuse they do run, have you seen the video on youtube where a turbo phazer runs against a group of 800,s in revelstoke. that sled was running 12 lbs of boost in the video.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
No it was not running 18 lbs and spray I asked randy. also the nytro is a better chassis.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I know you and your style of riding buddy, i wouldnt do a Phazer if i were you. I had the same hoes and dreams and thats all they were, hopes and dreams. It will be the same performance level as your m1000 when its running goodvand the shocks suck like mentioned. The chassis is fun and very nimble with a great rider stance but it lacks in suspension and product availability to upgrade.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
Turbo your m sled haha then you will have power for days.

That would indeed be my first choice but having to run straight race gas doesn't seem like a realistic option.
Insofar as the Nytro, Tookes turboed Nytro absolutely rocks now that it's clutched better-but it's a bit heavy, though Nikolai sure does work it-maybe his handles better with the 144 track? Also that Phazer in the vid is for sale but he wants $14.9 can. for it... better come with some other mods for that price. Drew, for sure the suspension would have to be swapped/upgraded, but I'm guessing that there aren't as many aftermarket options out there for Phazers either. Also I just got off 4 years of strugglin' with the F-cats 13.5" wide track and to jump back down to 14" well it's surely nimble but what good is tons off torque if you can't hook up?!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
a 14.5 track will fit you just have to cut it down on a table saw you have to go longer to make up for the width. they do make a leightweight front end and seat, and timbersled is going to make a lightweight rearsuspension this summer. There is a ton of excess weight that can be taken off (typical yamaha) if your a jumper this sled is probably not a good choice.

Premium Features