• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forster Creek/Radium

W
Dec 2, 2007
I am planning a trip for next weekend and am wondering how the snow conditions are? Avalanche probability on the upper lake? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

R

Rally2

Dec 2, 2007
Alberta
Here's some photos from last Saturday. Not sure if they've had any new snow over the past week.

IMG_0232 (Large) (Small).JPG IMG_0277 (Large) (Small).JPG IMG_0288 (Large) (Small).JPG

P

pano-dude

Nov 28, 2007
invermere
weather has been great, daytime average around 0 to + 4. Mornings have been cold-10 on the mountain.

It has been snowing up there, Sunday it dumped :).

Always avy danger, most of the big stuff has come down but use common sense.

The last pic looks like it was from the glacier???

The catamount glacier is closed to sleds ( anywhere on the west side of the valley). The forsetry chopper was out last weekend chasing guys off. They can fine you if they want, be careful.

R

Rally2

Dec 2, 2007
Alberta
The last pic looks like it was from the glacier???

The catamount glacier is closed to sleds ( anywhere on the west side of the valley). The forsetry chopper was out last weekend chasing guys off. They can fine you if they want, be careful.

That was the first time I've been up Forster - I don't think we were anywhere illegal, certainly not by intention and we didn't see any signs. How do we know where the boundaries are, are they signed or is there a map available? There was a well beaten path to where the photo was taken, I just walked off the trail a few yards to avoid sled tracks in the photo.

Last edited:
P

pano-dude

Nov 28, 2007
invermere
There used to be a sign with a map of the closed areas at the gas drop area, I was up there last week and it was gone????

There also used to be signs on the trail going up there but they are gone as well.

Defiantely lots of tracks up there, and it is easy to just follow the leader.

M
Dec 6, 2007
Winnipeg, Mb
Pics where taken on way up and on Catamount Glacier....closed but great riding well worth the 130.00 fine if they catch you.... Saturday about 8in fresh but really socked in up high on thunderwater and galcier but it is snowing....keep snowing all is good

R

Rally2

Dec 2, 2007
Alberta
Thanks for the PM Pano! Apologies to all as it seems we were O.B. where the photo was taken, no harm intended :eek:

P

pano-dude

Nov 28, 2007
invermere
conditions are great 3' of fresh last monday in area's as far as I've heard, I havn't been up for a couple weeks.

not sure on the grooming. Trail should be good.

M
Dec 6, 2007
Winnipeg, Mb
last saturday about a foot of fresh was pretty tracked up by end of day. It has been socked in all week so you can bet it has some new up there. Trail is groomed on Thursday evening, if no one is collecting fees it is apperciated if trail use fee ($ 10.00) is put into box so that grooming continues

Premium Features