• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowy range weather

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
any snow planned for the next two weeks? im heading up april 11th just wondering how its been so far?

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Forecast as of a few minutes ago, for 11,510'

Sunday: Periods of snow. High near 25. South southwest wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Sunday Night: Periods of snow. Low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -10. West southwest wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Monday: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 11. Wind chill values as low as -15. Windy, with a west wind between 25 and 35 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
It snowed lightly off and on all day yesterday up there - it looked like a pretty good storm was moving in when we left. Monday would probably be a great day to ride up there!

D

dieseldog800

Nov 24, 2005
Bancroft, Nebraska
Just got back from a three day ride...Snowed on us thursday, friday was a nice clear day for the most part, saturday snowed on and off all day, when we left albany lodge this a.m. there was another three inches or so on the ground there. Excellent powder(we figured anywhere from 6-12" atleast plus whatever dumped today) OMFG, Soooo much untouched powder, I felt like a little kid in a candy store!! Nobody is up there, I don't get it! Fresh powder with no crowd, who the heck wants to pass that up?

L
Dec 11, 2007
Laramie, WY
I was up there all weekend, and I feel the same as you...candy everywhere!! Great spring riding! Was getting pretty slushy in the parking lot at Albany on Sunday afternoon, but other than that was a pretty good weekend...:D:D Untouched trails on a Sunday morning, amazing.....

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Nobody is up there, I don't get it! Fresh powder with no crowd, who the heck wants to pass that up?
I heard through the grapevine that the state is going to be officially calling the season over here in the next couple weeks. Which means grooming will cease, all trail markers will be pulled, warming hut removed, etc.

Could be why people aren't up there. We haven't gone up on the mountain in almost 4 weeks. Had other obligations and things just haven't worked right on the weekends.

C
Oct 20, 2006
cheyenne wyoming
Just got back from a three day ride...Snowed on us thursday, friday was a nice clear day for the most part, saturday snowed on and off all day, when we left albany lodge this a.m. there was another three inches or so on the ground there. Excellent powder(we figured anywhere from 6-12" atleast plus whatever dumped today) OMFG, Soooo much untouched powder, I felt like a little kid in a candy store!! Nobody is up there, I don't get it! Fresh powder with no crowd, who the heck wants to pass that up?

i know almost like it used to be 5 to 10 years ago

C
Oct 20, 2006
cheyenne wyoming
I heard through the grapevine that the state is going to be officially calling the season over here in the next couple weeks. Which means grooming will cease, all trail markers will be pulled, warming hut removed, etc.

Could be why people aren't up there. We haven't gone up on the mountain in almost 4 weeks. Had other obligations and things just haven't worked right on the weekends.

the warming hut was gone as of yesterday

Hawkeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Toledo, Iowa
great weekend in the Snowies, 6" new on Friday, lots of untracked snow on Saturday, at least 12" new on Sunday. Greenrock was packed on Saturday, and empty on Sunday. Roads were very slick and terrible wind leaving Sun nite.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
great weekend in the Snowies, 6" new on Friday, lots of untracked snow on Saturday, at least 12" new on Sunday. Greenrock was packed on Saturday, and empty on Sunday. Roads were very slick and terrible wind leaving Sun nite.

glad you guys had a good weekend.

i'd leave today if i could find someone to go

B

bigbone

Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
Two Iowa boys thinking of heading to swowies tuesday, anybody need a couple of riding buddys for wednesday & thursday?

K
Jan 27, 2008
hey guys, don't forget that the "Old Corral" in Centennial is open this year! and we are offering $59.00 a room flat rate for up to 4 people per room 7 days a week, come and stay with us, great accomidations and excellant food for when your done playing!!!!

C
Dec 29, 2007
PG, Utah
Rode Sunday out of Greenrock. Barely anyone there. Powder everywhere, lots on top and in the trees. Snotel says they got another 10 inches sunday night and monday. Snow was powdery but heavy. Little more of a workout getting unstuck. That snow will set up real nice for riding into may. Left from laramie to fort collins right before they closed the road, nasty conditions. Weatherman says maybe some more snow on Thursday:)

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
you guys have fun with all that powder.

i have finally came to face the harsh reality that my riding is over for this year.:(
it is time to get the corn in the ground so i can make some money for next years parts and sled trips.:beer;

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
you guys have fun with all that powder.

i have finally came to face the harsh reality that my riding is over for this year.:(
it is time to get the corn in the ground so i can make some money for next years parts and sled trips.:beer;

Pray for snow in the mountains, rain in Iowa, load the sleds and hit it one last time.

Premium Features