• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need help team set up on xp

P

pinit

Nov 26, 2007
white sulphur springs montana
I just bought a skidoo xp it came with a team secoundary set up. Got it home last night put my clutch allinment tool on it and it was way out of allinment. I noticed that there was an *** load of washers behind the clutch. I took them out reinstalled the clutch so that the clutch hub is directly against the collar of the jack shaft. I put the allinment tool on and the secoundary clutch is still out to far need about 1/16 of an inch to be perfect. So now what Rodger

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Do you have the alignment tool for the TEAM/TRA ?? Or the regular tool for the stock Doo clutch? They will be different.
The best method is eyeball. Take off the secondary and all the shims, put on the secondary and a new belt, make sure the belt is all the way to the top of the secondary. Rotate the secondary back and forth a bit and watch where the belt is setting in the primary. It should just kiss the inner sheave with all belt/sheave clearance on the movable sheave side. Shim the secondary so it holds this location and you are good to go. Works with any combination of clutches.

Premium Features