• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch help

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
your best bet is just bite the bullet and go buy one at the dealer. Or if your very self assured you can go look at one and build one.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
You need a clutch puller of some kind to get it off! If its been 10 years since its been off, be cautious, problably going to pull hard, search the " tough clutch to pull " threads here on SNOWEST on using some oil and puller and teflon tape to pull with help of some hydraulic pressure.

If the clutch is junk and you need to take it off, you can VERY CAREFULLY cut it off..Dremel tools etc , time consuming but safe bet, IF YOU HAVE blacksmith tendencies, I've seen guys slobber then off with a cutting torch, but no whining if results are not good.

B
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, SK
If you cant get ahold of a puller, find a bolt that will fit and use lots of antisieze on it and pump the crank end/clutch full of grease then thread the bolt in. I find that works good when i dont have access to a correct puller. Like said above if its been 10years since its been off, it will prob. come off really hard.

Premium Features