• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ebbetts Pass In April?

K
Dec 20, 2007
S.L.C/
rode bluelakes on monday still had alot of snow should be fine for april accept the rode might get melted out so only redlakes to launch to blue never been to ebbets

D
Dec 9, 2007
HWY 4 - Plowed?

BV Snowmobile has it posted on their site that Alpine Trail (which I believe is HWY 4) is being plowed today. If so, does that basically mean no more riding in that area or are there other options? The CA DOT website still shows HWY 4 as closed for the winter.

Trying to find out if there is still snow on either Hwy 4 or 108 to take some people out next weekend, but don't want to have them drive all the way (from Bay area) if there is no snow.

Thanks!
Drew

S
Aug 25, 2001
Minden, Nevada
4/3

I didn't mean to beat around the bush. Snow on eastside 108 is continuous above 7800'. The highway is still gated at 6800' (just west of MWTC), so you'll need to use the key. The reward is hero snow almost everywhere above 9000 after 10:00 am.

The severe lines have long been bare, but there was still gillions of acres of open trackless up hi. No one else up there - no one on eastside 108 all day. My third sunny day of trackless up there, the place is deserted! LOL! (Thank you). I guess its too bare from west? Still and all, I've learned to expect that every time I go up there I will be paralyzed, at least for a little while. Usually it is just in awe... :eek:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I wanted to go up there and called the local snowmobile rental place by the snopark.

They advised me not to go because the fishing season started and they plowed every rioad they could to the lakes?

Is this accurate?

S
Aug 25, 2001
Minden, Nevada
more eastside

Yeah, I was last up by Sonora Pass/Leavitt on the 12th. Could stage from 8600', very nice. Goin again tomorrow. Was at Summit City (N of Blue Lakes) yest. Awesome light new trackless powder, up to 10" in AM... Sierra cement by early afternoon. So much for the last pow of the season, LOL! Haven't been to Ebbets, but I'd guess Hwy 4 is totally melted out and I don't know the status of the hwy gate (still locked?).

Premium Features