• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heading to Anchorage/want to ride

A
Dec 1, 2007
Alaska
Hi all, I've been ghosting around the site for a while and decided to introduce myself and post. I'm heading to Anchorage next week for a 6-week class for work. Unfortunatly the folks I'm going with don't ride. I'm going to put my sled in the truck but don't want to ride by myself, at least not anywhere fun. Anyone willing to show a newbie where to have some fun riding on the weekends around Anchorage.

Thanks,

Dave

A
Dec 1, 2007
Alaska
I've been looking at the pics from Turney on here. That looks SWEET! I'd love to hook up and ride there. Summit has been crap this year and that's usually where i ride, Cantwell is my backup but i havn't been out much at all this year. If any one will be going the weekend of the 5th I'll tag along for sure.

A
Dec 1, 2007
Alaska
I just drove into town today, is there any snow left to ride on? Looks like spring down here... Anyone riding this weekend, if so and don't mind a Fairbanksian tagging along PM me and I'll give you my cell #. Last minute is fine, I'm staying in a hotel room on Elmo, and not doing anything. I'd love to check out some of the riding area's down here.

Cantwell did have some new snow, 6-8" in the igloo parking lot and still snowing alittle at 3 this afternoon. It was really warm though, will be melting soon.

Anchorage almost looks like summer i know! Went riding Placer River, Friday and Sunday, still tons of snow, also drove by Turny, and Johnsons Pass, you'll have plenty of snow to ride on. I'll be out riding probably Saturday and Sunday. You can come along if you want. I am thinking about goin to Scookum Glacier, or Turnagain. Placer has been hit up pretty hard.

A
Dec 1, 2007
Alaska
Is anyone not going to Arctic Man going to ride this weekend? I rode Turney last weekend with some folks and played around on the bottom. The weather is looking good for Saturday (although I probably just jinxed it) I want to see what the area really has to offer, but I'm not dumb enough to ride anything big by myself. PM me if any one is going to be around.

Premium Features