• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MARCH MADNESS!!! ( not b-ball!)

R

RMKRAZY

Aug 5, 2001
UTAH
Had a blast Saturday! Perhaps more so due to what I expected to ride (snow wise) versus what we were treated with. Rode 6 to 10 inches of fluffy Saturday - rode Cold Springs area and then over to Tower and back. I had my old man out for a ride, just he and I - and surely didn't expect the snow to be that good! Great day - blue skies - cool temps ( 4 degrees at 8AM!) super time with my dad that brought me up with this addiction that I just cant shake! :) Parking lot barely filled up - most folks were probably at the dunes!

I think Friday is going to be ride-day given this next storm rolling in Wed/Thurs!

T
Jan 30, 2008
I rode on Saturday up mill hollow and over to tower and in the morning the snow was what i expected pretty hard packed but once we got up there we found good snow which i was also surprised to find. All in all it was a great day of riding and there was nowhere near as many people as you would expect on a Saturday

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I actually attended the march madness down in anahiem California! Twas awesome! UCLA, stanford both looked awesome in the opening game from row 2!!!
oh wait were talking about sledding here... my bad :eek:

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
took the dirt toys to 5 mile pass........first ride on the KTM 450SXF was sick, this bike is angry and the suspentions loves to jump, still have jetting issues on my CR450.....might sell it

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
took the dirt toys to 5 mile pass........first ride on the KTM 450SXF was sick, this bike is angry and the suspentions loves to jump, still have jetting issues on my CR450.....might sell it

Hey Hatchers, how do you like that KTM450? I just picked one up, and haven't had a chance to even ride it yet. You ever get out to the sanddunes?

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Hey Hatchers, how do you like that KTM450? I just picked one up, and haven't had a chance to even ride it yet. You ever get out to the sanddunes?

Im riding lil sahara tomorrow, PM me if interested, two fellas are coming from Ogden and one from layten

The KTM is my bother in laws, it stays at my house and i prolly be riding more than him this summer, you got the SXF450?, anywho, this bike has 4 gears so 2nd can get you around most tight spots, but 1st has a slow hole shot, as it should......all in all, this KTM handles way better than a YZ in respect to jumping, im a poser so 5' of air is plenty, us big boys crash harder than the small guys, plus i need stiffer springs to jump like the small guys, but then the trail riding will be stiff.......guess i need two bikes huh, gotta talk to momma bout that

And my CR450X rides like a magic carpet, no arm pump or knee pain from riding all day, its hard to hate this bike

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Sledding or Dirk Bikes?

I thought this was a snowmobile web site? J/K guys but if you've given up on the snowmobiling already all I have to say is that your crazy! Best riding all year in Utah is in March and April so have fun on the bikes I guess.......
Wait so explain this one to me, you're itchn for snow starting in September, you take your sled out to tune the first snow in October, you've logged 500 miles before Christmas and usually you've laid down 1-2k and replacement parts for your new ride rock hopp'n and tree climbing because the snow is barley covering the roads, then come the first 60 degree day in March when the snow depth in the Mtn's doesn't even peak for 3 more weeks! your ready to give it up? Folks if your from out of town let me spill a little secret Utah has ELEVATION, which changes everything you were used to anywhere else in the riding belt. Happy riding to ya.:face-icon-small-win

BTW Tony Grove was unbelievable last Weekend, with Sun great base and yes lots of fresh powder!

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
OK Sn I gotta call BS. Im with you 100% the season aint over but "the best of the year"? I respectfully disagree. Sure it takes on a whole new social element hanging out maybe evev build a fire cook some Dunner dogs...GET TO KNOW THE PHSYCOS YOU RIDE WITH...that is scary. Seriously I am a powder addict Ill take Jan. Feb. as my favs. But bad riding aint all bad;)

R

RMKRAZY

Aug 5, 2001
UTAH
Yea, its over hang it up! Oh wait..... 2 ft of new forecast in the next 36 hrs.!!!!!!!! I'm feeling like I'll be sick on Tuesday already!

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
SN - go drink a beer and get off my leg, this is the second time you took time out of your "super rad, sled or die schedule" to teach me how to ride like you, im not you, and im totally cool with that.......I live for over the hood POWDER, hero snow is not my thing, is that ok with you?......gosh i hope so;)

Im from Alaska were we rode 8 months of the year simply because it was way too cold to ride a bike or ATV, and riding those dirt mahines on Ice is not much fun.....trust me bro, ive riden more hero concrete crap snow that most would dare not admit, peolpe talk about how bad a$$ the snow is in AK, well its all that have to talk about cuz the only other thing to do in -30 and over cast weather is seat in doors and drink, no need to explain why i moved here as i enjoy anything and everything about the outdoors, be it motorized or not......Sleds are still my fav toy no doubt

For what its worth, i will take the sled out a few more times this year, just not every single day, and yes, i do understand some here have nothing in life outside of sleds, a fella named "ACmtnCAt" <-------is a perfect example

FYI, lil Sahara was killer, blue bird all day

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
All right all right...Hatchers I mean no harm I was just a bit peeved that there was more talk on this snow conditions forum about bikes then sleds, Didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings here or point fingers at anyone.
Speaking of conditions Fairview should be great this weekend:)

Premium Features