• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AK racers at Jackson Hole Championship

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Right now some of Alaska’s finest riders are on their way to race in the “Jackson Hole World Championship Hill climb” in Wyoming. Alaska has a lot of excellent riders, snow crossers and Hill climbers and this is one way to show case a little of the talent up here. Some of these guys are also on Alaska’s Snowest forum like “the_dougdangerak”. If your wondering where Doug got the “Danger” name comes watch him ride when they get back, most of them will be racing at the Valdez & Alyeska hill climbs. Doug Machado and Johnny (The King) Wichman, Stanley Hendrickson, Phillip Kromm and at least one other (not sure on the name) will be representing Alaska at Jackson.
Let’s wish them luck & cheer these guys on!

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
good luck guys..we are pulling for ya..........:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Dont worry about us or what you are missing here...there is no new snow anywhere in AK, it all melted and all the snow at LL & Turny melted...:face-icon-small-win. In fact I put my sled away and pulled out the lawn mower. Just worry about getting it done down there and get back safe!

A

AkLogan

Nov 26, 2007
Kenai, Alaska
no riding the night before doug u gotta be able to get some sleep the night before insted of having to work on the sled all night like alyeska

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Doug Qualifies!

I just received a phone message from Doug “the_dougdangerak”. Today was qualifying runs and he made it and will get to race tomorrow in the 700 Mod class on his Polaris Dragon. I called him back, but no answer (I suspect he is celebrating....hopefully not too much). If he calls back tonight I will give you another update.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
The latest

Here is the latest news on Alaskans quest for the World Championship:

Doug Machado “the_dougdangerak” not only qualified against the some of the world’s best racers but he also came in a very respectable 9th in the finals out of about 40 in the highly competitive 700 Mod class.
Other Alaskan favorites Johnny (The King) Wichman, Stanley Hendrickson, Phillip Kromm and Mason (Jr class?) also did well but unfortunately did not place this year.
They all had a great time down there and should be heading back North tomorrow.
I know there are allot of great hill climbers here in Alaska and I have enjoyed riding with many, but in case you have never heard of or seen a video of the Jackson hill climb....it is one mean hill. It is far from a point and shoot climb, it is ripping up a stump infested bump fest that is a serious struggle just to stay on. Only a few racers even make it all the way to the top each year. They say it is a wicked hill to even go down on skis. Ok, now I know why I think Doug and John are nuts when I ride (try to keep up) with them.;)

Again most of them will be racing here in Alaska at the Valdez & Alyeska hill climbs coming up.
Congratulations guys! Get back safe!

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
Oh nooooooo!!!!! John, and the rest of us, are never going to hear the end of this! Doug beating John on Johns old sled at that. lol.

Congrats Doug, happy to hear the new mods paid off! Hope you guys have a safe and quick trip home.

Premium Features