• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 King 975 VS 05 RT with twins

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Has any one saw a battle of the titans like this ? I rode both and couldn't tell as they would go over anything you point them at and the guys who owned them were too scared to race each other. Both have 162x16 challengers and both have Jaws twin pipes.

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
Have Owned A Modded King Kat And Rode A 1000 Lotz, Would Not Consider The Kk In The Same Ballpark, Lots Of Power, But No Handling. If The Rt Is Set Up Really Really Good As It Seems To Be Hard To Get Them Working Right They Absoultly Rock. They Are Extremly Snappy And Crisp, But Id Take Any Of The 07 And Newer 800s Way More Places Then Those Two With The Exception Of A Really Deep Powder Steep Open Climb And Then The Grunt Of The Rt Would Come Out Imo

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
This RT is set up very well, as it would spank the king before it had the 975 kit on it. Now the cat is a 975...... it was a great day of fun but the next day some smack talk about who had what speed (no speedometer ) and no one raced each other.WTF ?

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I think the Doo has more torque... like 15ftlbs more and so I think with equal weight riders the RT would prevail. Too bad we have to wait till next year.

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Why Wait!

Still lots of snow. bring them out. You get your rx1 going? Slediot, when you gonna have the new motor in?

Wes

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
I raced many twins and tripple's with my Rt when I had it. If it truly is setup well, there will not be many N/A sleds that will run with it. The longer the run, the better the other sleds should do. The Rt gets right out, right now, but lays down on the big end.

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC
Still lots of snow. bring them out. You get your rx1 going? Slediot, when you gonna have the new motor in?

Wes

Hey WesG, burnt a cylinder that day (Sunday the 9th) in hassler in the backend. Sorry didn't stop to chat I was able to ride it out on 1 cylinder and didnt want to take the chance stopping. Tim figures it will be ready to go by the weekend after easter. He found a sweet deal for me on a new top end for mine. I'll pm ya maybe for a ride. ANd hansome is gettin his knee rebuilt and his uterus rectified. He's down for the season. Should see how the ol' RX1 ton turbo turned out with the Van Am tunnel. Sweetest boosted ride of seen....................

Last edited:
W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
sounds good!

Well get that baby up and going asap! The fellow on the mcx phazer had a good tumble right when we met you. Hit a creek draw/sink hole and flew over the bars. He was abit winded when we ran over to him. Let me know when you're going out. I work weekdays next week then a week off.

Wes

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I couldn't believe that there's and RT's that could.

Hang with my 975 King. I'm not sayin' impossible, it's just hard to believe.
I'm way lighter and over 200 hp. with a 162'' by 2.5'' on backwards. It pulls the lips off a whale.

Owen

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I'm way lighter and over 200 hp. with a 162'' by 2.5'' on backwards. It pulls the lips off a whale.

Owen

LOL...out of a 975 twin....hmmm seen any "stock cylinder" (vs after market like a HOOPER or PRICE ) 485cc singles make 100+ hp lately??? didnt think so...LOL-BJ

S

SLEDIOT

Nov 27, 2007
Dawson Creek BC

Owen

Oh my god, inside joke on this 1!!! Catch the whale part HANSOME. Almost sounds like mardow callin' curtis chubby........LMFAO. Exuse me sir but you wouldn't happen to have an eye ball that flickers off on and on do ya?

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I would say more like 180hp max but I do agree about way lighter.The RT felt like it had more bottom end and it would suck the arse hole out of a tiger shark.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe

Wes

Have to wait because the RT blew his chain case to pieces and I have knee surgery coming up. I had the RX1 out to Beaver and it ran great and feels way better but need stiffer springs in the back 40.

Premium Features