• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how about snowshoe lodge in Shell WY

mr.bloomenrader 2 u

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2008
highmore sd
How bout it out there, is the snow good at Shell? Wanting to go out there and ride on the 23,24,25 with my son and I have never been to the Bighorns. I want my first experience to be a good one. Is the trail good, is the off trail riding good, and how is the lodge? Please post your opinions, also i tried arrowhead, bear lodge, and there are booked up that weekend. Thanks in advance.

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Snowshoe lodge is a great private lodge. They will cook in a family style, another words no menu everyone that is there eats the same thing.....no real bar, used to have still may have a hot tub, seperate cabins. It is a great small family style lodge. If you are wanting a lodge with more you will not be happy staying there. You do have to ride in to Snowshoe, they should have fuel, I do believe they have Sat. TV. I have heard the conditions are good, this time of year you will have spring conditions unless you get lucky with a storm and ride the next day.

R
Jan 19, 2008
How bout it out there, is the snow good at Shell? Wanting to go out there and ride on the 23,24,25 with my son and I have never been to the Bighorns. I want my first experience to be a good one. Is the trail good, is the off trail riding good, and how is the lodge? Please post your opinions, also i tried arrowhead, bear lodge, and there are booked up that weekend. Thanks in advance.

Check us out! We have a bar, phone, wireless internet, sat TV and great food:D You can drive to our entrance. Seperate cabins with high water pressure in the showers and the snow is great plus we are getting snow as I write this.

Doc

V
Snowshoe Lodge is a great place to Stay. Lots of privacy and quietness! Bear Lodge & Passage or larger lodges with lots of sled traffic.
Snow around Snowshoe was excellent this past weekend! No where near the traffic as you will find to the North. Many areas with little or no tracks. Leaving the Horns on Monday, the hills to the North were tracked up like as Expressway!
Snowshoe has both a Sauna & a Hot tub that works!

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I would stay @ ranger creek great people, great food, alot better service and about 1/2 the price of snowshoe.

mr.bloomenrader 2 u

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2008
highmore sd
thanks

thank you for all the replies. As it turns out my son and I are going to go to the Black Hills for Saturday and Sunday and hit the Big Horns on Monday and Tuesday and come home Wednesday. I go lucky and got a room at Arrowhead lodge for those two nights. I have every intention of going to those other places next season but figured for my first time ou there, I had better stick with the beaten paths till we figure out what the Horns is all about. Thanks again:)

Premium Features