• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where should we unload

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
Hey guys, headed out to the hills this weekend, hopefully they will have some snow left, but anyway, we are staying in spearfish and just wondering where is a good place to unload. We usually stay in deadwood and just haul out to rec springs or trailshead, just wondering if we should head there again or if anyone else has some good ideas. We would like to be as close to the best snow as we can, guess we just aren't much for riding trails. any help would be appreciated

V
Nov 14, 2001
Huron, SD
Since you are staying in spearfish I would just unload at the Big Hill parking lot up 134. The weather has been warm this week but I would still think there is plenty of snow to ride on!?!?!

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
god, I sure hope so, we are going for a cheap trip, but it quickly becomes an expensive one if you haul the sleds out there and come home with a snow boner still on lol

V
Nov 14, 2001
Huron, SD
Same here, I will be up in that area saturday morning. If you see me stopped on the trail stop and B.S. Aftermarket orange hood and a-arms, and orange helmet and backpack. Stand outs like a soar thumb when not covered in snow which hopefully that will be the case but I am afraid it wont be.

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
alright sounds good, we will have 5 in our group - red and blue viper, 07 rmk, 05 summit blue and yellow, and a 08 black summit. hopefully like you said, they are all white

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hello:
Big Hill should still be OK but when leaving there take Trail 3 south. You will be glad you did as trail 1 out of there is not in as good of shape. Savoy should still be good also. I would avoid Rec Springs and Golden Reward as they have been very busy and the trails are getting beat. Trailshead or Buckhorn are still your best bet this time of year. You can leave your trailer in Trailshead lot and drive back to Spearfish also.

Premium Features