• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 phazer mtn lite idle issue after ECU update....

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
Had the wife's phazer into the dealer for the cold start update. (ecu and de-compression valve springs). Got it back and it fired up great @ 5200 ft. Take it up to the hills to ride in Co. starting out around 8000 ft -1250ft ending... The phazer will not start, just cranks and sputters. Finally get the thing started and it will not hold and idle, I let the wife ride my sled and I take the phizzer wide open (all 45mph's) up the trail and whip it around in the pow and it runs just like it did prior except for when I let the rpm's drop down to around idle speeds and it just dies and doesn't want to turn over again... Take it back to the dealer, get it back, same sh!t. Doesn't run. Take it back to the dealer get it back, same sh!t. PISSED now... Wife doesn't want to ride it until it is "how it was". I can't trust my dealer to fix this. Does anyone have simalar issues after the 07 to 08 ECU update for the cold start, or anyone want to take a stab at the issue??

Thanks in advance!!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Meeker, Colorado
Sorry man dont know what to tell you but if its still under warranty i would take it to another dealer explain the situation and have them fix it. It shouldnt cost you anything either so dont let them try and screw you.

E
Nov 28, 2007
Québec City
I don't know what to tell you but mine is working very well since the ECU update and starts way better when it is cold! But I'm not riding at the same altitude (3000 feet)!

Since it is not working at idle, what I would suggest is to adjust the CO to +5 and see from there! Someone posted how to do it on this forum!

Also have you check the plugs ?

Just my $0.02!

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
It has to be the ECU. It is really the only thing that has changed. I am going to have them replace it. The dealer's not being malicious or anything, I am convinced they just don't know sleds. They are top notch on everything else they sell.

glad that no one else is having the issue...

M
Jan 12, 2011
phazer idle problem

did they fix the idle issue ? I have 2 Phazers that idle low at higher elevations, Yamaha says they have never heard of this. What dealer did you use ?

Mike

Premium Features