• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone rode near pendland lake, OR??

a family friend has a cabin (i can get keys) in the blue mountains of NE oregon near pendland lake, SE of heppner, been told you ride in from cutsforth park.
i see snowmobile signs all over out there, but never been there in the middle of winter (only been snowmobiling for 2 years).

been wanting to try it but, curious if anyone has rode sleds in that part of the state,, any info helps:D

thanks

(to help you know where i'm talking about, heres some nearby stuff to the cabin: its between heppner and ukiah, near porcupine ridge, off of road 53,, between 4500' and 5000' feet elevation...etc..etc..)

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Best snow we have had in a long while! I have not been up lately, but it's still fun to ride and they keep trails groomed. Looks like they keep getting alittle snow, so shouldn't be to bad. Not a ton, but fun!

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
I have hunted up there since I was old enough to walk, so know the area very well. Ride in from Cutsforth park shouldn't be too bad. Another option is o take the county road which is immediately after the first cattle guard, and drive up as far as you can. Keep in mind that there are a lot of residences off of the county road so PLEASE be thoughtful and courteous if you park up there. There are a lot of good areas to go play so have fun and be safe.

P
Mar 20, 2008
We have a cabin there

We were up there last weekend and the snow was great, there was about 8 inches of new snow, and it has snowed some more the last 2 days.
have fun

anyone else rode this area (near penland lake, ditch creek, kelly prarie)? i just went up there again, and everything between cutsfurth park and ukiah looks like it would be great to snowmobile on..

any more pics or info about riding sleds up there would be great, thanks

Premium Features