• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to Cooke City next week

M
Jan 28, 2008
NW Montana
Going to Cooke city for the first time next week. Does anyone have any pointers on where to find the (Good Stuff)? I'm from Montana but never had the chance to ride it. I would apprecatiate any tips, thanks

Last edited:

Chapman

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Milford Ia
Stop in and see Bearclaw Bob. He's a really nice guy, and will give you some directions on where to ride, and where to stay away from. Plus they have an awesome breakfast. We may be heading out late next week too.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
A couple of friends and I all went for the first time this year also. You will find that most all the local people/business's there are very hospitable and helpful. We had a great time.

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
we r heading out there next week for the first time too staying at the sinclair cabin coming from way over here in minnesota what roads out there r closed? i think i got it figured that we r gunna head into cody and then to cooke from there any suggestions?

S

slednutz

Nov 28, 2007
Pipestone, MN
www.theslednutz.com
from cody you cannot go directly into cooke you will have to park at the parking lot and drive up. From minnesota the only way you can go directly into cooke is to take 90 all the way to livingston montana then down to gardner then threw yellowstone to cooke which is a pain in the *** and out of the way but that is the only way you can drive into cooke until they plow the road

I
Dec 11, 2007
Best route to Cooke

You would be saving yourself alot of driving time if you are able to park out at Pilot parking lot, and from there ride your sleds and gear into town. It's a nice ride in and you shouldn't have to worry about your vehicle and trailer. Haven't ever had any problems when we have done it.

W
Nov 27, 2007
bear creek, montana
go and see jan at buns and beds
she has a lot of knowledge of the area and what should be safe to ride
first responder for the area
and her shop makes a mean lunch
say hi to leo for me
thanks
anthony

Last edited:
K
Nov 29, 2007
Drive Or Ride Into Town

Been to Cooke many times from MN. It may save about an hour or a little more by parking in Pilot lot, especially by the time you unload, gear up and get into town. Driving either way can be a pain, but we prefer to drive into town. That way you aren't limited to what you can bring into town on your sled. Just my $.02.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
If I can HELP

If anyone is in need of knowing the area or of renting avalanche equipment. Stop in and see me. I'll do my best to help. I'm at BEARCLAW BOB'S next to the SUPER 8 MOTEL.

Premium Features