• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 XP's at Widowmaker on Sat. March 1st????

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Just wondering who the two REV XP's were at Widowmaker on Saturday, March 1st? There was a black one and a yellow/black one. It would've been in the middle afternoon(2 PM or so) if I remember right. Just wondering if you guys had anything done to those XP's? Me and my two friends(SRX longtracked and '02 Mountain Cat 800) were pretty impressed with them, first time we've seen any XP's in action though. There was some other sleds there too at the time, a new Phazer, old Exciter, couple M-series sleds, I was on the Pro-X that rolled down the Widowmaker after I didn't turn out in time. :mad: Thanks for bringing me my windshield bag back too, I never got a chance to thank you.

Joel

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
It sounds like a couple of the guys from the "10 High" group. Neil rides the XP with the custom yellow and black paint job with spider webs.

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
My guess 10 High, or Clay of 10 High testing out the demo's!! Rock on son, All my students at school were talking about the two guys who shot right up over the top of the cornice, my guess would be some local crazy arses. HAHA Clay, tell Pat we need another OBC drunkin meeting, he'll remember what that is!:D:beer;

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
It wasn't the yellow XP with the spiderwebs. I remember seeing that sled in another thread. Both of these XP's were stock color schemes, one black/yellow and the other was black/slate.

O
Dec 10, 2007
Feb 28th and it wasn't an xp it was a 2001 polaris 144

One of those da#@ flat landers from MN crested it on the 28th of Feb. and broke the trail to the top.

First this is my dads handle and it was his sled that went over the top his son Focker Jr (crash286) did the pull (me) and no!! I checked when I came back down no stains in my britches....however it was a little steep

SLED:
-2001 Polaris edge 144 (like balancing a canoe through hurricane)
-Twin Pipes (SLP)
-Heads
-Great clutching (took a lot of years but this one moves hit cat clutch)
-310 main jets (yes that’s right 310s turned 1380-1394 degrees every pull, most of you guys jet too high and get temps from the extra gas in your pipes)
-yes if you are one of the 30 plus that where there it was the blue sled with flames up the front stars on the hood and OLD FOCKER on the windshield

STORY:

Feb 27th of March I broke my stretched IQ 925 and had to pull out OLD FOCKER's back up he sent with us. There where around 30 people at the bottom and everything from the new ski doo xp, m7 on nos, to sweet sounding Yamaha triple. The snow was obviously a little set up as all we got was a foot a couple days before. There where two lines 150 yards from the top I checked it the first time and thought I had the speed two runs later hit the top a few more tried but couldn't hit...... the last 100 yards was a straight up and down section of the over hang on top. It was a great ride and a hell of a rush....the ride down was priceless you can see me lose ground under me on the way down (steep) I figured this might be the last year for that sled and came so close the first time I didn't want to put it away knowing it might of....it helped a little bit that a camera came out to video the run..

I thought I would share this with all my sledders as I was laughing as hard as everyone else when rudy hit the peak ,,,,I think everyone sh*% themselves but I'm telling that this sled has been one of those mystery sleds that runs good for us wish I could say that for the rest of them.....next time you see a 2001 blue edge with flames up the front and OLD FOCKER on the windshield put the pink slip away so you don't go home hurt!

KICKBALL BOY
“Both ours are black/slate. All I can say is xp-1 widowmaker-0. Although that hole someone dug right in the middle almost ate me coming back down.”

Wasn’t a hole from a sled that was from my second pass.... caused a chunk of snow to slide in the middle of the tracks and left the basement. It was so steep in that section that my cut just above the line below caused all the snow to fall from there to the line below. Prolly shouldn't have been climbing

Premium Features