• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow tracker install question

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
:confused:My ski has the tracker kit but its flipped inside the ski and not mounted like the ones I see on the newer hawks and explorer kit,it looks like it would be better outside the ski as shown on the newer models but does it cause issues thru the brush and trees?It looks like they hang out considerably more than the ski and would tend to snag sticks and brush.Should I flip mine to the outside for better stability or leave them alone? Thanks

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Good ?

Can you run the tracker on the other side of the ski, Switch the tracker's, so it run's on the outside of the carbide. or are you talking about something else Jason.

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
Thats what Im talking about,the steel plates under the carbides with the side wings.Mine stick to the inside of the ski tunnel and not to the outside like the current hawks run,its easy enough to flip them, I guess I'll try it out for our ride in the UP and see for myself.

S
I switched mine

Thats what Im talking about,the steel plates under the carbides with the side wings.Mine stick to the inside of the ski tunnel and not to the outside like the current hawks run,its easy enough to flip them, I guess I'll try it out for our ride in the UP and see for myself.

My 05 600 HO came with them mounted inside the ski. Switched it over for this year... Much better on trail and powder.

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Carefull

In the manual they are not the same in the back as the front, so I'm thinkin your going to have to switch right from left, keeping them facing forward. Catch my drift. later Tom

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
Well I flipped it around, is it alright to have that much of the tracker hanging over the ski. Kind of seem's like it would bend easily, But if all the cool kid's are doing it I will to.

Premium Features