• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jets for 79 Yamaha Enticer

C
Feb 6, 2008
Great Falls MT
ElectroTech,:) Thanks for reminding me about dennis kirk. Jets have been ordered. I can't wait to get "little red" up to the mountains, since we brought it from michigan, we have yet to get it out of the city and into the mountains.

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
those things are sure light and wheelie as good as anything, if i were you though i would dump the keihin for a mikuni single pump and 34mm carb, i did it and my little red rocket ran flawlessly, started first pull everytime. I also have a fully rebuilt 84 300 twin if you really want that thing to fly, i would sell it for $150, you'd have to pay shipping. I have all the wiring, airbox, exhaust and CDI that would go with it. Just needs a carb.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
My cabin sled...........79 Yamaha 250........phazer 116 track, crank tapered to use phazer clutch, 34 mikuni carb 2.0 slide, 50 pilot jet, 6dh2 needle middle clip, 220 main jet, built three of these for son and nephews years ago, this one the boys called the road warrior just won't quit, lots of the stock carbs gone to heck.........so thought the #'s for using a stock mikuni carb might help someone.

C
Feb 6, 2008
Great Falls MT
Still looking

Well, I ordered the jets from Dennis Kirk they were the wrong ones. So I called a shop 60 miles from here and they said that they had the right one, I even gave them the stock numbers from Yamaha and they were also wrong. So we took "Little Red" up to Kings Hill for the weekend. It ran better then you would think. I would still like to get the right jets for it, and then give it a try. So if anyone can help it would be great! Thanks

B
79 Enticer 250

My cabin sled...........79 Yamaha 250........phazer 116 track, crank tapered to use phazer clutch, 34 mikuni carb 2.0 slide, 50 pilot jet, 6dh2 needle middle clip, 220 main jet, built three of these for son and nephews years ago, this one the boys called the road warrior just won't quit, lots of the stock carbs gone to heck.........so thought the #'s for using a stock mikuni carb might help someone.

CATS,
After you switched to a Mikuni carb on your Enticer, were you able to rig up the oil injection linkage with a split throttle cable?

B

What size of needle jet did you use in the Mikuni?

Premium Features