• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team Clutch Expert needed (Gen II Polaris)

I am looking for someone to help me out with the proper helix that I should run in a semi-mod 2000 700 RMK 151". The helix that is in there right now (and set up the way that I bought it from someone who had it in a 800 RMK) is 54-42-46-ER. Could someone let me know if this is an ok helix or make a recommendation for a new helix.

Thanks in advance for the help!

64-42.46 is usually a good bet.

Thanks hp... what difference would I see compared to the one that I have in now? With a gear ratio of 2.05 and climbing very steep and deep my sled drops about 1000 RPM. When it isn't totally loading it rips leading me to believe that I should change my gearing to something around a 2.20 gear ratio so I get quicker back shifting. Is the 54-42-46 too steep for my sled or will this gear ratio change help me out and should pull hard (and back shift) in the steep and deep????

Thanks

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
If you are riding mountains I wouldnt do the 64-42. It wont pull it when you are off and on the gas hard. A 54-40/38 is a good fit and will hold rpms. Get gearing down to about 2.25 with 9 tooth drivers. A 38* finish angle works very well in the mountains on a pol 700 team combo. You might start with what you have and gear it down first and see if it will hold rpm. Slp mtx weights work well with that setup also. My experience with this setup was from 4-6k. Kris

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Thats where I would start. Then if you cant pull that helix with the red/black spring, you may have to lower the secondary angle. You may be fine in most conditions except in heavy/loaded conditions.

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
I'm no expert but A weak spring in your primary could cause what your describing.
Might want to start with a fresh spring in your primary, I would think a 700 mod could pull that helix fine.

Last edited:

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
we had the same issue on a 800 rmk, dropped his primary weights so he was over reving a bid on the little stuff and it fixed the issue. I have always clutched so it over reves track poaching and making your own marks you are loaded and right where you want to be. Its ok to over rev 3-400 rpms but when you really want peak power is when you are loaded and demanding the sled to pull that hill.. it will. and its always a good idea to check your weights, bushings, and springs every three months.

Premium Features