• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Funny ,but it saved my life

B
Nov 28, 2007
My friend and I decided to hit the snow yesterday before it got all tracked up . 40 inches or so of new . To make a very long story short ... About 16 miles back into the high country ,my friends new xp loses the driven axel .He's 250 and I'm 190 on a 503 L.T. . Very humorus to us and luckily no one saw 2 grown men riding a 60 hosepower one seater. I rode in front and ducked over the hood with my feet on the pegs and held his legs up above the snow while he steered . 60 hp with a 12 x 136 inch track and 450 pounds of adult weight in 40 inches of 16 hour snow ( untracked ) That thing saved , maybe our lives . ( Kudos )

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Tried and true,

If more snowmachines were designed with the simplicity and durability of the 503F this industry would have many more consumers.

The same situation happened to us at Hawk fest when two guy's who went back to the trucks earlier then the rest. One of the 600's they were limping back with had failed jack shaft bearings overheated going too slow, they doubled up on the good machine and picked up the pace to get back.

The 503F would have prevailed in this situation also, and probably given us at least one more year on those bearings.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
so it is possible to ride 2 up on a hawk!!!! im going to the doo dealer up the road and ordering a backrest for my lady!!!!!!!

any tips for a newbie trying to ride 2 up? she is a bit lighter and smaller than myself...should she ride in the front or back of me and which way should she face forward or backwards? if it makes a difference..... thanks in advance for the help

Premium Features