• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Setup For the Big Horns

H
Dec 5, 2007
I have a 2002 summit 700 sport. I was just wondering how to set it up for the big horns. We are going to bear lodge so i believe the elevation is around 8300ft. It has dpm, so the dpm should compensate for the elevation change but i am kind of confused at how to set up my clutch. I was told two different ways to set it up by the ski-doo dealer here. I'm not to confident to what they are telling me. Just wondering if any of you have been out in that are with a similiar sled, and what your setups were. THANKS.

Y
Nov 27, 2007
Moorhead MN
You will need to install the hollow pin wieghts and maybe a different primary clutch spring,you should be able to get a spec sheet for clutching and jetting for your sled from your local dealer if theyre worth a dime,you will need to get 3 clutch button holders ( special tools ) to disassemble the clutch to change the pins, you can take the clutch off by removing the bolt and just remove the outer sheave, removal of the entire clutch isnt neccesary but it must be assembled by lining up the alighnment marks again, if you dont feel comfortable doing this let your dealer do it they should do it for around $50.

GOOD LUCK HORNS ARE ALOT OF FUN!!!!

Premium Features