• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thief in the Snowies

R
Feb 1, 2008
I heard a report of riding gear, tools and personal belongings stolen from an enclosed trailer while parked at Albany Lodge on Friday. Sledders/ victims from Iowa or Nebraska. Hard to believe our sport has attracted these kinds of losers. I have never heard of such a thing happening anywhere on this mountain. Makes me sick. Maybe the same thieves that struck in Laramie? Don't have any more details...Anyone heard about this?

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
that sux. we have never worried about locking our stuff up while on the mountain. guess it is about time these loosers started following us to our parking areas. it is probably a good thing we bring minimal tools with us.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I heard about some thefts in laramie friday night, but I hadn't heard of anything at albany. I was up there saturday and didn't see any unusual activity to indicate anything was wrong.

I

IQRMK900

Jan 8, 2008
central Iowa
we were in Albany last week and talked to some guys from Iowa. they were staying in Laramie Friday night and had there gear stolen from their livestock/sled trailer. Went out Saturday morning and had to buy all new gear. they were also stayting at the Super 8. that place seems to be the common denominator on here lately. hope the people are caught and loose fingers, it seems that a ticket does not teach a lesson.

scubba steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Iowa
I'd stay in my enclosed trailer and leave it unlocked. They will be very shocked when they open the door. Turn on the video camara and bring on a a$$ whoopen. Going out this weekend might try it...

W
Dec 4, 2003
Northglenn,CO
I heard a report of riding gear, tools and personal belongings stolen from an enclosed trailer while parked at Albany Lodge on Friday. Sledders/ victims from Iowa or Nebraska. Hard to believe our sport has attracted these kinds of losers. I have never heard of such a thing happening anywhere on this mountain. Makes me sick. Maybe the same thieves that struck in Laramie? Don't have any more details...Anyone heard about this?

GET A ROPE!

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
that sux. we have never worried about locking our stuff up while on the mountain
Same with us, always locked the truck but never the trailer.

I'm also getting tired of the people coming up to my trailer with tape measures to take measurements, if they want to build one like mine they should figure it out themselves :mad:

Premium Features