• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SPOT users?

J

jp@weknowsnow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado/Wyoming
weknowsnow.com
Would you like to have a free or almost free web interface to your SPOT sat beacon data? Or a way to display your SPOT data outside of email to your family and friends? How about the ability to add your current SPOT status or last SPOT message to your blog or website? I'm working on writing some code and a web service to make this possible. It's pretty much done, meaning you can send us your SPOT emails and we will make it available on the web. We can also associate this data with your snowest.com or sledmods.com user name or user id. Maybe you want to display your last SPOT message in your sig or maybe an OK or HELP icon??

Right now, you can only view the newest 10 or 25 SPOT messages in our database.. but soon you will be able to query a page and view only your data or display that on any site you want. You could have your SPOT Status icon show up on your myspace if you want. All data is completely private as we are in beta mode, your SPOT messages will show up with most information hidden. This is just to help us test the code and database backend. Soon you will be able to add icons or widgets to your web pages with your current status or last message status -- based on your SPOT unit id. Here is an example I have running up at weknowsnow.com and sledmods.com.

spot_id: 0-73XXXXX SPOT MSG from JP: I AM OK/CHECKING IN 02/23/2008 23:01:57 [hide lat] [hide lon] [hide map]

More information here: http://findmespot.weknowsnow.com or http://sledmods.com

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
That's JP for making this happen. This will be a great way for the CO snowmobile community to help in S&R.

How does it work?

Add weknowsnow to your spot account.

If you hit the "HELP" button it will post on SledMods.com that you need help and give your exact location. This way Everybody on Sledmods.com can assist.

If you hit "OK" it will post that you are OK but will not include your location. This way we know your safe and can keep your secret stash secret.

Premium Features