• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crossfire 7, torsional conversion helix etc

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I'd like to know what kind of clutching setups are you running in your Crossfires? I'm wondering what would be better helix for my sled etc...

My setup currently is this:
- CPC adj weights (65-75). Smallest screw in (0.5gr?) just tip side from middle.
- CPC gold primary spring
- CPC red/white secondary spring
- Stock Cat helix 44/40
- Stock gearing (60/60)

Sled (CF 7 SP -06) has 144" with 2" lugs. BMP pipe mod, D&D Y, 2 degree adv. timing and 310 mikuni in fuel line. Elevation is about 500 ft.

This popped in to my mind while reading threads of M7 torsional setups. Seems almost everyone are running way more weight in their sleds. So is my sled THAT poor individual or does those other things affect that much? :)

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
My pal has similar sled but it's all stock except 144" 2" track. Weights (Cat light tip style) are also lightened from 75 gr to 73 gr because of the bigger track. His sled pulls very good and has been way stronger than mine all the time - since day one. So my engine seems to be poor one :(

I have 36 degree straight helix at carage. Maybe I'll try that and see if things goes better or worse...

Rollers are stock and I've changed them twice at this winter. They do wear out fast!

The CPC weights you have are more aggressive than the light tip Cat weights so you won't be able to run as much weight compared to your buddy. Also as I stated before, the 44/40 helix is much more aggressive and will pull down your RPM considerably more than the stock 36 This will also add to your weight issue.
You need to get some hard rollers.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
I'm at sealevel so stock helix is 44/40 :) We both are running that same helix. I agree those CPC weights are more aggresive and I like it! Hard rollers are a must so I'll have to order them (over seas as no-one sells them here in Finland).

I tried 50/38 helix earlier. The start angle with CPC weights was awesome combo - sled "popped out" from the line but in 4 ft deep powder that helix was way too much...

Well... After all I think I need big bore 8 :D

Doesn't anyone else run CF7 with some torsional conversionl kit?

Premium Features