• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Johnson's Pass

Went to Johnson Pass today with IQRIDR, weather was horrible, it was raining till we went around the corner into the PASS. Then it switched to snow, decided to skip Turny, and hit up Johnson. Very wet, and deep day. It was a short day, ran into some open water we skipped on for a bit. First photo is near Alyeska, than the ones with the snow comin down is comin into Turny, then some in the parkin lot of johnson.

P2210005.JPG P2210004.JPG P2210006.JPG P2210009.JPG P2210014.JPG

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
johnson pass friday

Went in on the seward side it was hard the first 5 miles then snow got good and finally 6 to 8 inches ,then got to the turny side played in couple bowls and one 1000m lost a piston so it was a slow ride out .but over all another killer day on the kenai! So We'll take a day and let it snow and we will be riding on monday & tuesday for sure!!!:D:D:beer;:D

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
not my 1000m

well sounds like the 1000's are having problems with keeping both cylinders working! get ready for arctic man bring 3-4 extra pistons!!! goin ridin Lost Lake Sunday if you get your sled fixed.

It was the 1200m that lost the piston so not a problem when there is about six more big block m's in the hanger!

V
Nov 27, 2007
alaska
hey all, is johnson pass just after, turney on the left??? im looking for something different tomorrow. does it go up in to the bowls visible from the road??? also did the storm hit turney today or did it blow over???

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Yes Johnson is just past Turny on the left.
Stay on the trail over a few bridges and you will end up above the trees in a real nice area. Good hills & wide open valley bottoms beautiful spot.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Johnsons was great today...clear, sunny and HOT. Came back to truck on empty. Chad got some sick scenery pics he'll hopefully post up.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
argghh! :( i new we should've gone back again on Sunday!

We rode there Saturday and it was flat light and kinda snowing..it woulda been great if you could see clearly ! :cool:

until next week..

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Same here! Thanks

Your jumps are sick, you guys are CRAZY!!! ;)

Nice meeting you too! What an awesome ride, I had a blast, one of the best of the year. Could have been a little more soft snow but you could find good stuff if you looked.

I got some really sick scenery pics, overlooking grand view and spencer glacier/squirrel flats from the johnsons side, I need to go grab my camera cable from my house and I will post them, they are SICK!

We found some good jumps up in this crazy bowl but I am hurtin today, hittin that jump at 50 mph or so then losing all your speed in the air...hurts. caleb knows too...

D
Feb 2, 2008
Chugiak, Alaska
It was great meeting you too! I'm glad you stopped and said hi. You are actually the first "snowest" people I have met.

I have to agree that was the best ride I had this season by far. I wish you guys were there to see me highmark this one spot on the way out. I am not sure if you were with the group of people that were sitting at the bottom, but something just made me go for it. I just kept climbing and climbing and then I had to turn around and that's when it hit me HOLY S@%^ what the hell did I just do. But I made it down and even dry to hit a little jump on the way.

We are going to ride there again on Thursday. I am going home to NYC for 2 weeks so I am trying to get all the riding in before my trip.

Hope to see ya'll on the trail!

Jennie

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Here are some pics-

johnsonspass08012.jpg

johnsonspass08017.jpg

johnsonspass08023.jpg

johnsonspass08014.jpg

johnsonspass08027.jpg

Last edited:
I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Yeah they are off to the left of the river once you get out there on the trail but we aren't gonna talk about how good the riding might be there ;)

Premium Features