• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Leadville Area Snowmobiling for a Family

Z
Feb 10, 2008
I wanted to check out some new areas for sledding with the family. I have 2 kids that ride one on a 440 SS440 and the other on a Phazer ST (1 1/2"). They can ride trails no problem and get off to play at chosen spots in meadows etc. They have done well in Grand Lake and Brekenridge areas and I still get a chance to go play off the trail systems. Does Leadville area have this type of riding? Which trails to try? How about lodging cabins or hotels any suggestions for us.

Cyndy Bridjet and Brittany at 10K ft (3).jpg

C
Dec 5, 2001
Colorado Springs, CO
Try Turquoise Lake - about 20 miles around total with a few meadows and other little off side roads, and if the lake is solid, that's fun to rip on. The main town is just a new miles away. :D

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
Turquoise lake loop is fun but I say go to Camp Hale( on hwy 24 between Leadville and Minturn/Vail)It is the back side of Vail Pass,lots of groomed trails for the familyand meadows for you.You can ride from Camp Hale over Ptarmigan Pass to V/P and down to Redcliife for lunch/:beer;at Mango's.Ride your sleds right up to the front door of the Restaurant.If your thinking of doing this call 1'st to make sure there open for lunch during the week.there are enough trails and side trails to make a full day of it.There are maps at the trailhead 1/2 mile west of Nova guides
Have fun ,Pete

Premium Features