• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled & snowboard?

D

dre

Jan 25, 2008
Portland OR
vimeo.com
Have been snowboarding a decade (mostly in Tahoe & Utah) & finally gave up on Mt Hood Meadows. Got sleds this year to facilitate more backcountry fresh turns.
Haven't been on my board much. Fully enjoying the sled.
Interested in hooking up with like minded folks or at least sharing some knowledge.

Been hitting Mt Adams area mostly. Checked out St Helens today. Looks like lots of potential, but the trail & snow conditions are rough & crusty. The snow covered 'bridge' is sketchy. Groomer passed me on the way home so it'll be better come the next storm.

I live in Portland, but if there are folks close by who want to hook up & shred let me know. I'm up for it. Any suggestions on areas to sled & snowboard most appreciated.

D

dre

Jan 25, 2008
Portland OR
vimeo.com
15 feb Mt St helens

Parked on hwy 83 turnoff toward marble mtn. Not really a snow park.
Road is still & snowpacked up to marblemtn snowpark. Not accessibile by car.
Saw groomer about 2 mies from hwy turnoff. They apparnetly planned to groom for another 7 hours which would make the trail part of the adventure more bearable.

C
Dec 27, 2007
If you ever want to venture down to Central Oregon...I would love to check out Mt Bailey! Snowboarder for years and years...first year sledding.
Was a pass holder at Meadows, moved to La Pine. Now a Bachelor pass holder.
Sled is in the shop right now...pm me if you want to try to plan a trip.
Matt

S
Nov 26, 2007
oregon city or
we were at diamond lake this weekend andwow there were alot of sleds parked at the top of baily skiers and boarders........i was getting a kick out of watching them you could tell when they hit the paches of ice.........

D

dre

Jan 25, 2008
Portland OR
vimeo.com
Hi cascaderdr,

Might take you up on the offer to check central OR.
Judging by sandrailboy's comments (& some others) Mt Bailey might be worth checking out. Have heard good things about Mt Bailey Snowcat...so I'm guessing we can get the goods with sleds.
I'll contact you when I get some time off sorted out. Will be in Bend March 22 for a few days - so maybe that might be a good time?
Dre

PS: congrats on the move to Mt Bachelor /LaPine. Y r not missing much at Hood....just crowds, small vert & wet snow.

Premium Features