• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snoiwies 2-15 with PICS

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Well, well. It feels like spring! 36 degrees at the Greenrock lot, zero wind BIG BLUE SKIES! THe snow is SET-UP. Not much soft, even in the trees. Go anywhere you want. Perfect jump conditions.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Here's the EKXP
snowiestravis011.jpg

D
Jan 8, 2008
Great pictures! What camera were these taken with? We are on I-80 just west of Grand Island heading there now. I see it's snowing there now an hopefully there will be something tomorrow, however the forecast looks pretty windy. Maybe will have to go to Albany.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
We rode "over " the top to the roller coaster and the north side of the widow maker. The snow on the north side up there was pretty good. You could trench 2' down no problem. We then worked the trees below the ridge(behind the widow maker) to the south to highway 130. We went a couple of miles west, then south and worked our way back through the trees to lake marie. Not horrible snow, but not great either. My camera is an old(3-4 years) Sony 4.1 Digital.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
ahh man if I knew you were at Greenrock I would have come down so you could buy me that coffee you said you were going to buy

If you would have brought SLICK with ya, I would have bought steak dinners for you Doo haters:D Maybe next time. LOL. Who's Dave Anderson?

D
Jan 8, 2008
Yes, I am getting too old to remember some made up username so I'm forced to go with one I know! We found excellent powder yesterday, best since 2003. Amazing how bad it can kick your butt.

D
Jan 8, 2008
no new. Sunday's powder was fabulous. yesterday it was starting to get crusty but we still found plenty of deep stuff. Today it's suppose to be 33 out and I suspect it will set up good. Amazingly few people around. It's been windy and our tracks from Sunday were mostly covered yesterday.

Premium Features