• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone got a slot open for the Black Hills?

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
My friend's don't want to/can't go to the Black Hills this weekend but I still kinda want to go. Only thing is I can't leave until Friday night and need to be home Sunday night. I don't want to use a vacation day on Monday, I want to save it for later. Wondering if anybody has a slot open for me? I got a 2003 Pro-X 800 144". I live near Mitchell but can meet somewhere within 100 miles if you're not taking I-90 the whole way. If you're taking I-90 the whole way it would only be 16 miles(round trip) out of your way to pick me up. If that's too much of a hassle I can meet you at the Coffee Cup(Exit 310) off I-90. It is one mile east of Plankinton on the map.

Here's where I live(green arrow).

Attachments

• jl;;jllkj.JPG
    jl;;jllkj.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Bicycle..........hell I'll pull it with the R6. :rolleyes: Just need some studded tires. :face-icon-small-hap

You need the exercise more than I do there Farley. LOL :face-icon-small-win

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd

i was just a j/k. if only the trucks got 30mpg pullin the sleds i'd go about every weekend. adds up fast.

hey cacsrx1 and shortstop lets get a weekend lined up and go to the hills. we could get crazy larry to show you some real good stuff out there cacsrx1. lots of deep and untouched stuff. you know what im talking bout joel.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Ill pass on that one. I know plenty of spots, Ive been going out there for 16 years. Im not a fan of stumpjumping like you guys are.

Last edited:

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
hey its always better to ride or stump jump rather than just letting it sit in the shed and say i was going to BUT

Yeah I'm not a big fan of replacing shocks, radius rods, trailingarms/a arms, bulkheads, tunnels etc. When boondocking in the Hills its not a matter of when this will happen, its when and how many times. The Hills is a fantastic place to trail ride, but the 3 foot high stumps suck. There are many places that are better to boondock with real hills to climb.

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
Yeah I'm not a big fan of replacing shocks, radius rods, trailingarms/a arms, bulkheads, tunnels etc. When boondocking in the Hills its not a matter of when this will happen, its when and how many times. The Hills is a fantastic place to trail ride, but the 3 foot high stumps suck. There are many places that are better to boondock with real hills to climb.

16 years hell you should know where every stump and rock is. thats all part of snowmobiling. we havn't hit to many land mines. you got a chance of wrecking no matter where your at.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
16 years hell you should know where every stump and rock is. thats all part of snowmobiling. we havn't hit to many land mines. you got a chance of wrecking no matter where your at.

You just stay in the Hills Jr., the rest of us will go a little further west.

H
Dec 1, 2007
What the hell?

I lived in Spearfish for 30 yrs and snowmobiled for a good portion of that. Although I have hit a few stumps and rocks I never did any damage till I started doing alot of riding "farther west". If you pick your spots and hug tree lines there is usually alot damn good places with some deep snow. Now as far as real hills go your right gotta go at least to the Horns but you can still find some real technical climbs.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
I like hitting the top 3 feet of a thirteen foot tree, not the top 1 foot of a 3 three foot stump. Like I said earlier its a fantastic place to ride but not boondockers paridise.

Premium Features