• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brackett Creek - Bozeman?????

I
Sep 19, 2005
harlem montana
I used to ride up Brackett Creek all the time, now there was some land swap and the trail has been moved. Can anybody give me some details of how it was changed. Used to park about 3 miles past Bridger Bowl, and head up the mountain.

J

josh900rmk

Feb 4, 2008
Bozeman, MT
I go to school in Bozeman and I was just up Brackett Creek last weekend. Three miles past Bridger, there is a parking area to your right and the trail heads in on the left. My friend and I didn't unload here. We kept going up the highway another few miles, to the very top, and parked along side the road before it began dropping down the other side. The trail starts right there. You ride packed trail for 4-5 miles before it opens up into a bunch of litte bowls and play areas. I'm almost positive this is Brackett Creek, it was my first time in there, but I talked to a guy who rides up there all the time and he told me that it's the Brackett Creek trail. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I
Sep 19, 2005
harlem montana
Thanks for the update, It will be interesting to see if I can pick my back into the bowls. I spent 5 years riding there, knew the area like the back of my hand, and then they traded land and the trail changed.

J

josh900rmk

Feb 4, 2008
Bozeman, MT
It's pretty easy getting to the bowls. If you know when you're coming down to Bozeman and you have a question, PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Besides that, happy ridin wherever ya go!

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
bracket creek

You actually want to park at Battle Ridge campground. Ride across the road and up to the bowls. Watch out for rocks. A lot of people call it break it creek.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Technically there is no highmarking allowed in the Bridgers anymore. The current access is only for backcountry skiers. If you look at the new travel plan map, the ridgeline areas have been closed to protect wolverine habitat and Frazier Lake bowl has also been closed. Avoid areas where there are other people (skiers) and you shouldn't catch any flak.

Premium Features