• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring got into clutches and marked them up. Is it going to be a problem?

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
Ya one of my exhaust springs fell off and got into the clutches. Have indents on the primary just at the bottom and a few on the secondary. Right where the belt rides. Took some emery paper and smoothed them out the best i could but there still pretty bad. Are you able to machine them down?

Last edited:
R
Dec 2, 2007
After you grind/polish..or do whatever you want to make things look pretty aesthetically...then take your clutch housing in to a machine shop and get them balanced...

Its a good idea to get them balanced anyway as most are out of balance right off the assembly line.

A
Mar 11, 2007
Onoway Alberta
I have not tried this, but it might work. Buy some JB Weld or simliar metal filler "paste" and fill the holes with it. It sands down to a smooth finish and is tough. That's better than having the holes chewing up your belt. Good luck.

M
Nov 26, 2007
W. WA
I had the same thing happen last year...chucked them up in a lathe and used a flat file to carefully knock down the ridges, then sanded down carefully with progressively finer sandpaper...you'll want to remove as little material as possible while still smoothing the high spots...indentations aren't that big a deal, just the high spots...good luck

Premium Features