• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

St. Anthony Dunes

F
Nov 30, 2007
Utah
I am heading to Rexburg this weekend and was wondering if it would be worth dragging the sleds up for a ride on the sand dunes. Does anyone have a report on what the snow conditions are on the dunes? Thanks.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
I have wondered if its ok to ride out there, I know some of that area gets travel restrictions in the winter due to the wintering elk herd. But the snow here in the burg has kind of gone to crap this week. Warm temps have settled everything finaly, pretty hard . I would just ride green canyon, Its almost as close and the snow would be better.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
It is illegal to ride on the dunes anyway. They are closed for the winter due to elk migration.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
Thats not 100% correct. You can ride out there in places. I am not sure exactly whats open but I think its from Egin Lakes to the west side. The elk winter north and east of the dunes around the Red Road.

The new little homegrown Outdoors show went snowmobiling at the Dunes on their show last month. The weekly show is on tonight at 9:30pm on Fox here in Eastern Idaho. The dude posts his email on their and you could contact him.

I have heard the riding is sick out there due to the gigantic drifts but that their are bare spots as well, due to the wind. I think sand would eat at Hyfax very quickly!!

C

cookie-eater

Dec 4, 2007
I have never seen 4ft of snow out there haha... Rode bikes by crapos hill and only saw one snow drift out there.

Premium Features