• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

APEX deep powder bogging "IDEA"

MTN AIR

Premium Member
Oct 7, 2003
Minnesota
www.holeshotinc.com
I have an 06 Apex with under tunnel exhaust non-turbo(so my front end does end up in the snow on occasion).

I was looking in my inventory of old parts the other night and found some old kickass pod filters with outerwears powder screens on them. What about mounting one on the top of the air box where the hood doesn't cover??

My theory over the years is that you need a vertical air intake where snow cannot just collect on it and stay.

Question is: Would this be detrimental to the engine by pulling in cold air or does the computer compensate for the air temps???

Any thoughts

B
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian Idaho
I also thought of this idea but scrapped it because i don't want a "looks like it's turboed" sled. I posted a thread on here called under tunnel exhaust where i've been trying to fix the problem. I just picked up the sled today from the exhaust shop where i had it turned out the sides of the tunnel. I'll post some pics tonight. It turned out pretty cool, sounds awesome, and I think it's going to be the fix.

T

tard

Nov 28, 2007
I did the stealth air box mod last year (Ulmer) and the under tunnel exh this year. When the snow is over the hood, I get the bog sometimes too, and it has to be the exh as I did not have a problem last year.

WFO

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
West Jordan, UT
Put a vent kit on and don't worry about it again. My 06, when it was stock would "bog" like you are saying. Anytime the snow was deep it happened. I put an under tunnel exhaust and a vent kit on and never had another problem.

Premium Features