• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warren Wagon Road

A
Feb 11, 2008
I am looking at a house for sale on the road and was wondering how far up from Payette Lake (north side) the parking area is. That is, of course, if i am correct that there is a parking area for trailers. Thanks for any info you can give me on the area.

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Depends on which parking lot you want to park at, there are two on Warren Wagon Road. First one is about 5-6 miles after you turn onto Warren Wagon road, the parking lot is called green gate. The other parking lot is called Francis Wallace and it is where they stop plowing. I'd say its about 10-12 miles from where you turn onto Warren Wagon Road. Both have trailer parking but Francis Wallace is bigger and you can park on the side of the road if the lot is full... which it is a lot of the time.

Here is a map... you can't see where you turn off the highway onto Warren Wagon Road, but you'll get the idea.
attachment.php

Nmap (Medium).jpg

A
Feb 11, 2008
Hey, Extreme-One - thanks a bunch, that is what i was looking for. The house is between Green Gate and Francis Wallace area. I wonder if it legal to ride on Warren Wagon to access the trailheads for "local" users.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
I believe you can ride the roads, but there are some conditions, ie red flag, safety sticker etc., but I dont think you are going to have any trouble only riding a few miles to the parking lot. I am completely jealous of anyone who who has a house along that road. Do you need some new friends??

A
Feb 11, 2008
Rocky Mtn. Kris, That is what i would think also. I just don't want to make any waves in a new location. The house is one of four houses that meet my needs in McCall area. I am flying in to see them this weekend, but the one on Warren Wagon is the only one that close to trail access that trailering would not be an issue. If it works out, stop by for some beers anytime.

E
Nov 26, 2007
meridian idaho
Hopefully some of the local guys will chime in, but I think you are somewhat ok to ride on warren wagon road. There are alot of azzholes that live on that road now. If you find a place on ww and are ok with the price I would jump on it. My family used to have a place about 3 miles in on the lake side and I still cry to this day thinking about it being sold. I would be more than happy to run up there and house sit for you. Also if you would like to adopt me I am open to that option. Seriously though, you can't go wrong up there. It's an awesome area and some pretty cool people.

P
Nov 26, 2007
Cascade Id.
Its a buyers market here. I'm suprised more people arent doing same thing your doing cause we gots lots o riding. Like as much as anywhere in 48.

Check your price range down in Donnelly and Cascade too as you can ride from lots of places there too. As well as Lake Fork road.

I like the southern half of long valley better cause I live there. Cause I cant dislike my locale for it leads to unhappiness. Less snow, a little bit warmer. And when the winter is already long, a couple weeks less isnt a bad thing. A few less people around isnt a bad thing. Riding from my door doesnt suck either.

If were buying I would take your price range valley wide and start lowballing. Serious.

Last edited:
D
Nov 29, 2007
McCall Idaho
lots of great advice here, all true.

the market has tanked out, and someone is gonna make some killer deals.

green gate is a funny thing. there is the gate, and a trail / parking lot a half mile north.

the back roads to the east for sure are sledder friendly if you are smart. and if you are creative, for sure you can ride from the cabin.

this whole area has a bunch of foreclosures going on. many of us are planning to low ball some properties. don't plan to rent them, you need to afford them wihtout rental incomes.

Premium Features